GDT: Avalanche vs Stars, Round 2, Game 6, 5/17/24 @8:00PM MNT: I don't wanna golf yet!

Oh I don't know, which one is better?

• Total voters

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I'm honestly not even upset. Disappointed? Sure. But they didn't roll over and die at the very least. The boys got dealt a shit hand for Game 4 and almost pushed it to 7 after being down 3-1. F*** Nishushkin and his selfish ass. We were already struggling this series and he royally f***ed over the team.

Georgiev certainly redeemed himself in my eyes. He kept us in this series when we didn't belong. Hats off to him.

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
dallas skated circles around us in OT and when we did get the puck, we fumbled it at the blue line and went offside.

I refuse to use bad ice as an excuse because Dallas seemed to have no issues.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

BigCKU

Aug 16, 2020
In the end Avs didn’t deserve to win. Can’t win when the Avs 6 best skaters get outplayed by the Stars 6 worst skaters in a series.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Nuke or no Nuke, our star players just didn't step up. The depth did a ton of heavy lifting but really needed the guys making 9-12 mil to do something.

100% agreed with this. MacK looked better this game, but how many giveaways this game came from Rantanen just standing still and reaching for a puck, or MacK doing a fly by because the puck wasn’t perfect?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Nuke or no Nuke, our star players just didn't step up. The depth did a ton of heavy lifting but really needed the guys making 9-12 mil to do something.
I both agree and disagree.

The Avs top stars were mostly invisible in this series except for games 1 and 5.

However, if Nichushkin isn't the world's dumbest athlete, Drouin returns for game 4 and the Avs can finally run a proper top six while slotting Parise into the bottom six where he belonged.

Just wasn't meant to be this season.

The Avs have to find a way to tinker this roster yet again.

I believe we've seen the last of Nichushkin, Parise, Trenin, Cogliano, Duhaime, Walker, and JMFJ. Outside chance of Drouin but I really hope they find a way to keep him. This team needs high-end offensive creativity.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
I don’t think Colton is very good… he’s an average 3C and paid like it. Going against Johnston/Seguin/Duchene… is just not in his ability.
He's paid like an above average 3C, and he's not. In fact he loses most matchups against most other teams 3rd line, not just Dallas.

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
100% agreed with this. MacK looked better this game, but how many giveaways this game came from Rantanen just standing still and reaching for a puck, or MacK doing a fly by because the puck wasn’t perfect?
MacK is my favorite player but holy f*** was he infuriating to watch. I dont think I saw him try to chase the puck once

Reactions: Avsfan1921

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I don’t think Colton is very good… he’s an average 3C and paid like it. Going against Johnston/Seguin/Duchene… is just not in his ability.
I think a lot of people on here got convinced that Colton was a skilled two way guy that could tilt the ice as a 3C but turns out he's just another skate fast plug for our bottom 6.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Screen-Shot-2020-11-13-at-11.37.54-AM.75755d9a.jpeg

f*** 'em

Heyduke

Oct 31, 2019
I’d say it’s more that the bottom-6 just wasn’t consistently dangerous. The team doesn’t have that cheap top end talent that allows you to fill out a roster. The Avs amateur scouting team has really f***ed up any chance at a sustained window
Our bottom six would have been huge with LOC on the 3rd line and Parise where he should have been, on the 4th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad