GDT: Avalanche vs Flyers 1/20/24 @ 11:00AM MNT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If CMac sits on his hands at the TDL again this year I can see Mack going into Joe's office and telling him he's gone if CMac isn't.

It must be so aggravating to having a Hart caliber season, having Makar, Rants, Nuke on the team... and then have to sit on the bench watching RyJo out there.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
CMac can’t be passive this year. MacK has the potential to have a season for ages. He can legitimately get the Hart, Ross, Lindsay and Smythe this year. Need that 2C at very least. Also potential of Landy coming back in the playoffs and CMac knows this

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Does he, though?
I mean he said it himself that there is a chance Landy comes back for the playoffs. He sees the type of season MacK is having, so I’m sure he knows he needs to be active. If not then we need a new GM

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Just get a 2C and a solid back up goalie. Don’t think that’s a very hard task for CMac. He has the assets to do those two things. The hard part would be getting rid of RyJo if that’s what he wants to do to open up cap space

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Just get a 2C and a solid back up goalie. Don’t think that’s a very hard task for CMac.
e2Mdxy0.gif

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
CMac can’t be passive this year. MacK has the potential to have a season for ages. He can legitimately get the Hart, Ross, Lindsay and Smythe this year. Need that 2C at very least. Also potential of Landy coming back in the playoffs and CMac knows this
I hope he stays put, does not do anything stupid, and if Landy turns out a no go, he gets us shiny Petterson in the off-season.

On another note, i am pleased to report my spell was broken and Avs finally won the game i watched. Get in! After my recent sacrifice i deserved nothing less.

Very pleased with Colton, OConnor and Wood today. Though they are technically third line, its nice to see they can play as competent second one in the absence of Nuke, Lehky and Landeskog.

Reactions: Snow Arc

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Not a good game today but it is a W. With that said people need to remember we are missing Nuke, Lehky, Byram and a 2C, and we still beat a very good healthy Flyers team.

The Rosco line was fantastic. They played like a true 2nd line today. Extremely happy for LOC. He deserves every bit of that success.

Reactions: Snow Arc

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I hope he stays put, does not do anything stupid, and if Landy turns out a no go, he gets us shiny Petterson in the off-season.

On another note, i am pleased to report my spell was broken and Avs finally won the game i watched. Get in! After my recent sacrifice i deserved nothing less.

Very pleased with Colton, OConnor and Wood today. Though they are technically third line, its nice to see they can play as competent second one in the absence of Nuke, Lehky and Landeskog.
Pettersson will stay in Vancouver he’s not going anywhere. Why would they let him go?

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Not a good game today but it is a W. With that said people need to remember we are missing Nuke, Lehky, Byram and a 2C, and we still beat a very good healthy Flyers team.
It means nothing to be able to win without those guys when we don't deserve the win though. We don't need the points, we need to play well. Playing well is the only thing that we can bring with us in the playoffs.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
It means nothing to be able to win without those guys when we don't deserve the win though. We don't need the points, we need to play well. Playing well is the only thing that we can bring with us in the playoffs.
Really? Silly me. In that case CMac doesn't need to get a 2C. We just need to play better and everything will be fine.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If they are this hurt in the playoffs they are done anyways.
"This hurt" is 2 forwards and 1 dman missing? Without even touching the big 3?

Not sure what kind of expectations people have but we aren't going to be a lot healthier than that.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Pettersson will stay in Vancouver he’s not going anywhere. Why would they let him go?
There had already been rumblings about his interest in staying in Van long term in the summer. He’s an RFA but could just take his QO and walk after that if he wanted

He’ll re-up but I would bet that he’s going to bet on himself and take a 4 year deal so he can get a retirement contract at 29

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I mean come on. Three of their most important players. They aren't missing 4th liners and JMFJ here.
We're lucky to still have Makar, Rants and Mackinnon. I sure don't expect all 3 to stay healthy all year and for the whole playoffs.

This is why depth is important.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
We're lucky to still have Makar, Rants and Mackinnon. I sure don't expect all 3 to stay healthy all year and for the whole playoffs.

This is why depth is important.
Sure. That's not the discussion, though. You are worried about them playing poorly. All season metrics have been good. This game missing three very key players doesn't look good. It is nothing to panic over.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Sure. That's not the discussion, though. You are worried about them playing poorly. All season metrics have been good. This game missing three very key players doesn't look good. It is nothing to panic over.

My point is we shouldn't use this as an excuse to get dominated by a team like the Flyers. Our roster is shit, I agree with that, but we aren't that injured. We just lack depth.

If you make a list of the most important players to this team right now it would look like this:

1- Mack
2- Makar
3- Rants
4- Toews
5- Nuke
6- Colton
7- Lehky
8- Drouin
9- Girard
10- Byram

We're missing #5, #7 and #10. That's not a team devastated with injuries. That's on par with other teams.

Snow Arc

Genetically engineered to want to be eaten
Aug 14, 2020
There had already been rumblings about his interest in staying in Van long term in the summer. He’s an RFA but could just take his QO and walk after that if he wanted

He’ll re-up but I would bet that he’s going to bet on himself and take a 4 year deal so he can get a retirement contract at 29
Offer sheet him. They'll never see it coming.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Offer sheet him. They'll never see it coming.
Anything we could afford they’d match instantly. Way back when the rumours were the Canucks also tried to offer sheet Weber but with a 1 year deal to walk him to UFA because they didn’t believe the Preds would match but he ended up taking the retirement contract

That’s what we’d have to do to get him out of Van (but couldn’t afford) a 1 year deal at max value

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Watched the highlights:

Congrats to LOC, an odd goal, a great play, and an empty netter- but they all count the same.

Malinski on the ice for a PP (granted, at the end), with the top forwards was sweet. He was commanding the blue line very nicely, and making the right reads and passes.

Putting up a touchdown on a hot Flyers team in their barn in a Saturday afternoon game is just dandy in my book.

A nice finish to a long roadie, and a smooth flight home.

Last edited:

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
My point is we shouldn't use this as an excuse to get dominated by a team like the Flyers. Our roster is shit, I agree with that, but we aren't that injured. We just lack depth.

If you make a list of the most important players to this team right now it would look like this:

1- Mack
2- Makar
3- Rants
4- Toews
5- Nuke
6- Colton
7- Lehky
8- Drouin
9- Girard
10- Byram

We're missing #5, #7 and #10. That's not a team devastated with injuries. That's on par with other teams.
We are missing two top-6 Ws and we have no 2C and that is par with other teams? Flyers is a lot better team than you are giving credit for and they are fully healthy. Show me another team that is missing two top-6 Ws and their 2C.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad