OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
They are actually harnessed down to the seats in the boat. Even the guys on the bridge. They take a dunk for the 15 seconds it takes to right itself.
Well what fun is that?? :sarcasm:

Actually though, that's pretty cool. If anybody needs that type of ship it's the Coast Guard. Those guys are insane, the rescues they can do in really horrendous conditions.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Well what fun is that?? :sarcasm:

Actually though, that's pretty cool. If anybody needs that type of ship it's the Coast Guard. Those guys are insane, the rescues they can do in really horrendous conditions.

The crew on that boat train for 6 years to be able to man it. Plus, they make around $200K/yr because of the training and how hazardous it is.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Good heavens.

:cry:

Also I just saw where they found the body of the fiancee of a guy they interviewed on GMA a couple days ago. Flood wiped out the house they were sheltering in. He was rescued by a rapid water recovery crew. But now he's lost his house, shop, and fiancee. Everything. Heartbreaking.

In a way this storm/flood/apocalypse reminds me of 9/11 where everybody watched the news constantly and it only got worse the more you heard. I can only imagine what the first responders have seen in the last week. They are going to need a lot of support as well.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Good heavens.

:cry:

Also I just saw where they found the body of the fiancee of a guy they interviewed on GMA a couple days ago. Flood wiped out the house they were sheltering in. He was rescued by a rapid water recovery crew. But now he's lost his house, shop, and fiancee. Everything. Heartbreaking.

In a way this storm/flood/apocalypse reminds me of 9/11 where everybody watched the news constantly and it only got worse the more you heard. I can only imagine what the first responders have seen in the last week. They are going to need a lot of support as well.

I just watched a video on twitter of an older woman who has been talking to her neighbors and how the neighbor thought it was halloween costumes floating in the river. Only to realize it wasn't halloween costumes...The faces are going to haunt her forever..

Bodies are in the trees. On people's laws. No signs of Fema from different people on the ground begging for help. Just horrifying. Genuinely horrifying. And there's no telling what they're gonna find once they go into the rural places.. my heart breaks.

And I feel like nobody is really paying attention to this.

Entire towns are gone. Just gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad