OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Loving the new job. Chefs are actually taking time to prepare us. They cook a dish with us then we do it solo. Already standing out a bit. Part of the Bar is retail store.

Messed up on that fish taco with a bit too much sauce but opening is the 9th and repetition is king

Attachments

• IMG_4035.jpeg
    IMG_4035.jpeg
    350.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4033.jpeg
    IMG_4033.jpeg
    358.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4032.jpeg
    IMG_4032.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4031.jpeg
    IMG_4031.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4030.jpeg
    IMG_4030.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4029.jpeg
    IMG_4029.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4012.jpeg
    IMG_4012.jpeg
    211.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4008.jpeg
    IMG_4008.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4009.jpeg
    IMG_4009.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4007.jpeg
    IMG_4007.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4006.jpeg
    IMG_4006.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4005.jpeg
    IMG_4005.jpeg
    363.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
The military just came in and was invited to take over a local summer kids camp. They are using it now as a supply and coordination center.

3 water pumps are now installed and tested. They are slowly refilling the backup reservoirs. We could have water By Friday/Saturday.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The military just came in and was invited to take over a local summer kids camp. They are using it now as a supply and coordination center.

3 water pumps are now installed and tested. They are slowly refilling the backup reservoirs. We could have water By Friday/Saturday.
Good Luck! It seems like you are getting the needed help!

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Talking to some of my former associates and employees in the world of logistics folks may want to stock up a little on essential items because of the longshoremen strike.

Also dont be surprised if non life saving medical procedures or tests be delayed due to disruption in inventory shortages.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Good Luck! It seems like you are getting the needed help!
Just drove out today for the first time to get some groceries.

Everyone here is working like champs. Just went past the dam and it is jam packed with people working from all over the US. Local volunteers have already cleared 150 roads of debris.

A ton of places open for free water and hot meals.

Heartwarming to see your community come together, shame it takes something like this to do it.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
That will mean postponing even further my left hip replacement. I'm setting aside $ for the deductible, co-pays etc. I'm also looking into switching health plans the rumor is my plan is looking at a substantial increase & frankly I can't afford any more than what I'm paying now (1100 month)

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just drove out today for the first time to get some groceries.

Everyone here is working like champs. Just went past the dam and it is jam packed with people working from all over the US. Local volunteers have already cleared 150 roads of debris.

A ton of places open for free water and hot meals.

Heartwarming to see your community come together, shame it takes something like this to do it.
I saw on the news yesterday that your state officials had been in touch with the president and said they were getting all the help needed. It just takes time to get some stuff fixed.

I hope all is back to as close to normal ASAP.

That will mean postponing even further my left hip replacement. I'm setting aside $ for the deductible, co-pays etc. I'm also looking into switching health plans the rumor is my plan is looking at a substantial increase & frankly I can't afford any more than what I'm paying now (1100 month)
Once you retire get a Medigap G plan. I paid nothing for my hip replacement. Also paid zero for all of the PT. It is a better plan than I had while I was working! (Blue Cross HMO)

Last edited:

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena

Can you go through the ACA exchange and try to get subsidies? I know it gets tricky with business income vs. just W2.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I saw on the news yesterday that your state officials had been in touch with the president and said they were getting all the help needed. It just takes time to get some stuff fixed.

I hope all is back to as close to normal ASAP.

Once you retire get a Medigap G plan. I paid nothing for my hip replacement. Also paid zero for all of the PT. It is a better plan than I had while I was working! (Blue Cross HMO)

I won't be eligible for Medicare until I'm 65 and that is a little over 3 years away. I'll be sure to get Medigap coverage- my parents had a good plan and we paid about $1200 for their final care combined.

Can you go through the ACA exchange and try to get subsidies? I know it gets tricky with business income vs. just W2.

I tried that once but I have too many assets (business, commercial property) to qualify. I may try again though.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I won't be eligible for Medicare until I'm 65 and that is a little over 3 years away. I'll be sure to get Medigap coverage- my parents had a good plan and we paid about $1200 for their final care combined.

I tried that once but I have too many assets (business, commercial property) to qualify. I may try again though.
Might be worth a shot to look at it again. It is based on your AGI so that would be after depreciation, etc. I THINK. I have only really done research on it as a W2 grunt.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad