Tennis: Australian Open 2016 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

darko

Feb 16, 2009
He can find his game the next set. He'll need everything he has against Novak. Accept defeat in the first set, and plan for 5.

Because he won 1 game he serves first in the 2nd. I could be wrong but you probably want to serve first and then take chances.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Finding your game can be a delicate thing. If it comes late in the 1st set, I say keep going, and don't risk losing it again.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I think finding his game early is more important than saving a bit of energy

Either way, he got his ass kicked. Just forget about it and move on. He knows his game and knows what it takes to beat Novak. He will literally need everything he has. Novak didn't even look like he was trying.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
That was a huge hold for Andy. It'll be important to see how Nole responds. Andy's first serve is back in second set.

Oct 18, 2006
Gah that was a huge chance for Novak, he even got the grunt going on the BP, but made an error.

Great hold for 2-2.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
If they were on the same level, I'd agree. But Novak is clearly the best and made the 2nd best look like an amateur.

Yes
But Murray needed to find his game
The game he won in the 1st set goes to help that

You don't want to be in the 2nd set still looking to fix what's wrong because before you know it, you're down a few games in the 2nd before you get around to adjusting

This is especially important when you're facing the #1 player in the world in the championship match

Oct 18, 2006
Novak's gotta take some pace off the 1st serve and get a higher % in. Murray is feasting on his second serve.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Yes
But Murray needed to find his game
The game he won in the 1st set goes to help that

You don't want to be in the 2nd set still looking to fix what's wrong because before you know it, you're down a few games in the 2nd before you get around to adjusting

This is especially important when you're facing the #1 player in the world in the championship match

I don't think Murray needed that game to "find his game". He's facing a superior athlete. Different mindsets I guess. I didn't think about serving first though.

Oct 18, 2006
Amazing returning. Ultra consistent, and stepped up the power that game. Commanding position now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad