Auston Matthews out for min 4 weeks with shoulder injury (Mod warning #70)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
[MOD] he's injury prone. Will he ever play more than 60 games in a season?

Last edited by a moderator:

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
Suffices to say Auston Matthews will have not given anywhere near 12 million value to Toronto in any of his ELC years. This injury could be a blessing in disguise for Leafs, as how do you justify playing an injury prone point per game player highest salary in the league?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Just a reminder that there are a ton of star players who had tons of injury history in their younger playing days and eventually figured it all out. Barkov was one, Crosby another. Even Malkin went almost a decade without playing a full season.

So this doesn't mean he is somehow a bad player. It just really sucks :/

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
Suffices to say Auston Matthews will have not given anywhere near 12 million value to Toronto in any of his ELC years. This injury could be a blessing in disguise for Leafs, as how do you justify playing an injury prone point per game player highest salary in the league?

Yeah that's the positive I am taking from this. This likely just bumped 1M off his contract. I don't think he gets more than JT right now unless he comes back and has a monster second half and playoffs.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The Leafs will be fine, Matthews will without a doubt still get his 12 million, this just means he will miss out on personal awards this season.

Reactions: hockey4sale

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Can you sign now Nylander, spot is open!
So we can close that silly thread.

And finally, how will this affect Matthews Fortnite scores? will his reaction and movement be affected by his injury??

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Very exciting player, too bad. Didn't look good at all when it happened.

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
maybe toronto will stop lowballing nylander now?

Do you have a source on this or are you just trying to get a reaction out of Leaf fans? I've been following the story and everything being reported is that Nylander wants 8M which is not market value. So there is no low ball unless you can link another source.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
And this is why depth is so important.
Matthews can fully heal without needing to rush back.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Just a reminder that there are a ton of star players who had tons of injury history in their younger playing days and eventually figured it all out. Barkov was one, Crosby another. Even Malkin went almost a decade without playing a full season.

So this doesn't mean he is somehow a bad player. It just really sucks :/

I'm not sure how one "figures out" injuries. Just need to play properly and you get 82 games a year guaranteed apparently. Also didn't know that Barkov was 30 and seems to be one season removed from 20 games missed.

Also how does being injury prone mean you're bad? Why even defend such a dumb stance.

Reactions: VainGretzky

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Do you have a source on this or are you just trying to get a reaction out of Leaf fans? I've been following the story and everything being reported is that Nylander wants 8M which is not market value. So there is no low ball unless you can link another source.
that sounds absurd. have nylander confirmed it?

Reactions: SjMilhouse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad