Player Discussion Auston Matthews Discussion

Oct 18, 2010
Players that can't play because of a real injury come back and sit on the bench all the time. We just saw it with Brayden Point. This is just another example of how this "team" operates.

• Haha
Reactions: Isaac Nootin

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
It's bad lol.

You're basically puking and shitting the same liquid out both ends.
It was probably the worst I ever felt.

I slept on the bathroom floor one night because I was tired of running to the washroom.

Everytime you move a muscle it triggers a response.

Reactions: Kazparov

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
NFL players have cut off body parts (infected fingers) in order to play in the playoffs. If Matthews doesn't play...

I don't know to say.

• Haha
Reactions: Isaac Nootin

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
That's fair and my point. It's just sad how resigned the fan base has become.

:)

He's had THREE days to recover. There is no one he can't find the energy to play.

I hope Matthews just plays and they do well in Game 5 and avoid elimination this way. The last thing we need is the Matthews Flu Game turning into another thing.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I hope Matthews just plays and they do well in Game 5 and avoid elimination this way. The last thing we need is the Matthews Flu Game turning into another thing.
Yes. Plus, we are all so sure they will lose? Why not win Game 5 and go from there?

This fan base, myself included, is so dejected.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Please rumors of being injured be true, shanahan doesn't deserve to run it back
???

I'm not sure what you mean. Please help.

I think only Ronnie Lott did that.

Hurts like hell!
Yes and yes.

I think only Ronnie Lott did that.
There was another NFL player, or two, who did something similar but their names escape me.

Edit : Here is one...

Last edited:
Reactions: keonsbitterness

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
Norovirus is rarely something that lingers, I had it a year ago and the first night was awful but after some serious hydration I didn't vomit again after that. Certain respiratory viruses are much more likely to last weeks, or mono.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Norovirus is rarely something that lingers, I had it a year ago and the first night was awful but after some serious hydration I didn't vomit again after that. Certain respiratory viruses are much more likely to last weeks, or mono.

A former roommate had it and she was wiped for a few days, and she wasn't playing professional sports.

I was thinking about a certain respiratory virus too, but surely the league still has protocols about playing when infected with that.

As for mono, didn't someone else on the team have that this year?

Bluebear

Nov 30, 2018
its great and brave to play through injury but there are some things you can't play through, everybody should be able to relate we are all human...

Reactions: mclaren55

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Geez guys, everyone can get this stuff, but 24-48 hours later, and you are back and good to go, this guy has been not well now, for what, 7-8 days??
He has to play tonight......has to.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Geez guys, everyone can get this stuff, but 24-48 hours later, and you are back and good to go, this guy has been not well now, for what, 7-8 days??
He has to play tonight......has to.
I highly doubt it's just an illness at this point - it has to be much more serious if he's been pulled out of games and isn't able to skate despite the numerous days off we've had in the series lately.

Reactions: mjd1001 and ACC1224

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes