Confirmed with Link: Austin Watson joins Red Wings for training camp PTO

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
If he is signed and play a bunch until then and do well in his role, of course there will be some teams open to add him to their playoff push. Depth guys as always a shot.

Commodore sucked though. Wasn't a need to sign him at all. Him talking in the media about being better than he was at that time is just bull. He seems like quite the tool now as well.

There may have been a need, but Commie sucked. There's a reason he didn't catch on anywhere else, and it's not because Babcock is a big meany.

If Watson is called up on occasion to provide some toughness I guess I don't mind it. I haven't seen him play. Hopefully he can be more involved in the play than Kostin was. Ideally the toughness would come from regular roster players, but the Wings don't really have those guys at the moment.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
There may have been a need, but Commie sucked. There's a reason he didn't catch on anywhere else, and it's not because Babcock is a big meany.

If Watson is called up on occasion to provide some toughness I guess I don't mind it. I haven't seen him play. Hopefully he can be more involved in the play than Kostin was. Ideally the toughness would come from regular roster players, but the Wings don't really have those guys at the moment.

Number one reason I rag on Rassmussen. If he had a mean streak, then he'd be filling the role he has now PLUS freeing up the roster spot now being pegged for Watson.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Number one reason I rag on Rassmussen. If he had a mean streak, then he'd be filling the role he has now PLUS freeing up the roster spot now being pegged for Watson.
It's not about having a mean streak, he's not good at leveraging. He gets pushed over by smaller guys in the league, he wouldn't last 10 seconds with an enforcer.

I really think if he had the ability to fight that he would. I also think Ed will wind up throwing a few punches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad