OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

JD Souther, Singer-Songwriter Behind Eagles Classics, Dead at 78​

1726664119989.png

Reactions: GordonHowe

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I enjoy charcuterie and savory treats with my evening martini whilst viewing the PBS NewsHour.

No more Boar's Head for me.

There is a Star Market steps away from the Pro Shop at TD Garden.

One of our managers was sickened by a sandwich purchased there. It's unclear to me whether the sandwich included Boar's Head products.

Regardless, I am not a fan of Star Market, and this is one more reason why.

Caveat emptor,

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I enjoy charcuterie and savory treats with my evening martini whilst viewing the PBS NewsHour.

No more Boar's Head for me.

There is a Star Market steps away from the Pro Shop at TD Garden.

One of our managers was sickened by a sandwich purchased there. It's unclear to me whether the sandwich included Boar's Head products.

Regardless, I am not a fan of Star Market, and this is one more reason why.

Caveat emptor,

Once in a while, I like a liverwurst on pumpernickel w/ thin sliced onion and german mustard in honor of my dad. He loved the stuff.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I don't mind liverwurst.

On occasion, I enjoy pate. Less occasionally, foie gras.
I tried pate once when I went to France, and it was actually pretty good - reminded me of the meat in the Dinty Moore beef stew can for some reason.

I never tried liverwurst. I've never liked any meat from livers or hearts, they have a weird texture and aftertaste.

During college I worked in the Market Basket deli in the summers, and there were a lot of weird obscure meats hidden behind the counter that only older people would order - olive loaf, pickle and pimento loaf, Lebanon bologna (I actually liked this one). More older people than younger ones ordered liverwurst but occasionally people of all ages would get it when sales would be on. That was a job I would never do again.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Once in a while, I like a liverwurst on pumpernickel w/ thin sliced onion and german mustard in honor of my dad. He loved the stuff.
I like it too. Exactly how you described it, but I like to add a good thick slice of sharp cheddar as well.

I also make the best schnitzel on the planet....but I usually do it with pork tenderloin. Its cheaper than veal.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Oooohhh... we used to go there for vacation sometimes. There was a resort and golf course my dad loved. I will always remember it for the time when we were out on the course and a storm blew in and we were racing back to the clubhouse in the electric golf carts when the battery in mine died and me and my brother got absolutely drenched. Good times :laugh:

Anyhoo... just thought this was pretty. I love fall foliage

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad