OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The Diddy stuff is just too vile to post in detail so i'm just going to link it. He's been charged with Three counts: racketeering conspiracy, sex trafficking by force, fraud or coercion and transportation to engage in prostitution and they are looking to remand him. Per CNN's streaming of the SDNY press conference

The link to the full indictment is here

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
anyone familiar with google accounts?
my daughter is 11 and has had one for 4 years now.
all of a sudden today when she signed it it said she isnt old enough and will need to update her age or get parent supervision through a parents account. Why would this happen after 4 years.
She is also nit allowed to access her youtube channel as that is through google apparently.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
all of a sudden today when she signed it it said she isnt old enough and will need to update her age or get parent supervision through a parents account. Why would this happen after 4 years.
She is also nit allowed to access her youtube channel as that is through google apparently.
She's too young. Has to be 13 per Google.

Likely has to do with complying to various state and country laws going into effect. Europe is very strict and it is easier to enforce it over all than trying to maintain thousands of different requirements.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
been on a mental health leave for 6 weeks, have been undergoing some intense therapy with a wonderful therapist who suggested I get the hell out of the organization I am with which is not a problem as they have treated me like crap.

Scored a 2nd interview with a local college here in HR, it`s a competition and meeting the big wigs Thursday, no clue how many others are in the running but all fingers and toes crossed
Get out of that place and good luck with a new gig.

Sending the good thought,

✌️🍁

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
They're updating terms of service trying to crackdown on underage accounts.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Do a little digging online with the questions and problems. There are usually solutions.

As for Google, you might consider closing that account and opening a new one. Under your name if possible.

FYI, though they had denied doing so in the past, it has been proven that Google not only eavesdrops on your Gmail account, but also sells whatever personal data they can scrape from it.

I'm sure you already know this, but please, do not include any financial information in an email, social security number, etc. This is one way identity theft occurs.

Caveat emptor and good luck,

🤞🍁

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and Mione134

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I knew I liked Charlie Jacobs.

Attachments

• 20240917_120752.jpg
    20240917_120752.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240917_120818.jpg
    20240917_120818.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240917_120928.jpg
    20240917_120928.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
been on a mental health leave for 6 weeks, have been undergoing some intense therapy with a wonderful therapist who suggested I get the hell out of the organization I am with which is not a problem as they have treated me like crap.

Scored a 2nd interview with a local college here in HR, it`s a competition and meeting the big wigs Thursday, no clue how many others are in the running but all fingers and toes crossed
I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you. A second interview is a great sign. I am glad your therapist is helping so much, finding the right one is so important.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Good Luck Andrew!

Reactions: GordonHowe

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Good luck!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Had another vision therapy appointment today. Had to use glasses that had one green lens and one red while we played rummy with a deck of cards designed to work with those glasses. Very weird lol. Supposedly makes your eyes have to work harder.

Then I beat the therapist in two straight games of Blink. We're both very competitive so it was fun even though she refused to print me a winner's certificate to be framed in the office :sarcasm:

And my new prism glasses for computer and reading were in as well, so I'm using them right now.

Hopefully all these things will work together to relieve some of the crazy symptoms I've had in recent years. They are treating it as post concussive issues, even though my head injury (that wasn't officially diagnosed as a concussion but had to have been one) occurred way back in 1990.

Head injuries suck.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC

Hope all goes well Andrew. Have you tried canada.ca/jobs? There might be something here in the government.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Had another vision therapy appointment today. Had to use glasses that had one green lens and one red while we played rummy with a deck of cards designed to work with those glasses. Very weird lol. Supposedly makes your eyes have to work harder.

Then I beat the therapist in two straight games of Blink. We're both very competitive so it was fun even though she refused to print me a winner's certificate to be framed in the office :sarcasm:

And my new prism glasses for computer and reading were in as well, so I'm using them right now.

Hopefully all these things will work together to relieve some of the crazy symptoms I've had in recent years. They are treating it as post concussive issues, even though my head injury (that wasn't officially diagnosed as a concussion but had to have been one) occurred way back in 1990.

Head injuries suck.
How did you sustain your injury to begin with?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
How did you sustain your injury to begin with?
My feet slipped out from under me but instead of landing on my rear end, I fell forward and broke my fall with my head on the corner of a concrete step (see culprit below).

0/10 do not recommend. Still have the scar right between the eyes where they had to stitch the hole closed.

Screenshot_20240917_134415_Zillow.jpg

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
They're updating terms of service trying to crackdown on underage accounts.
damn. is this recent?
4 years later, eh.
I would just make a new account for her, but she has over 1,000 videos she made on youtube. Countless hours of editing and shit, that even I wouldnt know how to do,

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
She's too young. Has to be 13 per Google.

Likely has to do with complying to various state and country laws going into effect. Europe is very strict and it is easier to enforce it over all than trying to maintain thousands of different requirements.

Thanks for the link.
I am going to try supervise her account. I think it says I have 15 days before its deleted.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
damn. is this recent?
4 years later, eh.
I would just make a new account for her, but she has over 1,000 videos she made on youtube. Countless hours of editing and shit, that even I wouldnt know how to do,
I'm sure there's a way around this. Keep posting here, I'm sure someone knows something.

Google owns YouTube so that might be a problem.

Even so, ask your internet brethren. The answer shall be given.

Good luck,

🤞🍁

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Good Luck Andrew! Sending a hug your way!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
damn. is this recent?
4 years later, eh.
You may want to make sure it also isn’t a scam btw.

There is a ton of new legislation both domestically as well as internationally that are forcing companies like Google to actually enforce their TOS.

In Australia, they are looking to ban social media for anyone under the age of 14

In CA they just banned voice manipulated videos being used to harm a person, group, business etc. this is more applicable to politicians but still relevant.

US tech laws are woefully antiquated and are in serious need of updating. We are at least a decade behind our international counterparts.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad