OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I plan on getting tickets for that game soon to take my daughter to her first Bruins game. Ideally we’re going to be on the glass for warmups. I keep saying it’s for her to try and get a puck but deep down I want one too :laugh:
Get there early. Usually, Brad tosses pucks near us but he probably won't be playing.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
A male Wood Duck along our favourite trail. They are beautiful ducks!
1726502438287.jpeg

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Went to night 1 of Pearl Jam at Fenway last night. What a set. Going to be tough to beat on Tuesday

View attachment 907289
That's pretty much the same setlist they played on Day 1 at Wrigley. I went to Day 2 and they definitely mixed it up quite a bit.

I actually like the setlist better from the first show, but I still enjoyed the second.

Here's the setlist from the second Wrigley show..
1726505042880.png

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This is cracking me up

"I've got a turkey attacking my cruiser "

"10-4 he has no fear"

"I tried to use my siren to scare him off and I think he took it as a challenge"

"Do you need backup for the turkey attack?" "Negative, trying to de-escalate, currently negotiating"

"I don't know how many mornings I've spent under a tree trying to get them close to me and I can't get this one to go away"

"I'm in foot pursuit... suspect two feet tall.... short beard" :biglaugh:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It's the Harvest Full Moon tonight! It is a super moon as well, and there is a partial eclipse here. It will be clear, so it should be beautiful to see. The Northern Lights were visible last night too, maybe again tonight. What a summer for astronomers and star gazers!

1726572991843.jpeg

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It's the Harvest Full Moon tonight! It is a super moon as well, and there is a partial eclipse here. It will be clear, so it should be beautiful to see. The Northern Lights were visible last night too, maybe again tonight. What a summer for astronomers and star gazers!

View attachment 907443
Imagine looking up at the night sky and seeing the moon appear larger and brighter than usual.

Well September's full moon will appear more bigger than normal because it is what's known as a supermoon.

That's not all, it is also a Harvest Moon and it will look as though a small bite has been taken out of it because of a partial lunar eclipse.

All of these things come together to make the Super Harvest Moon eclipse.

The spectacular sight will be visible in the early hours of the morning on 18 September from the UK, Europe, North and South America and Africa.

1726573948969.png

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Drove up to see Hans Zimmer last night. 60 miles in, 60 miles home. On the way in, the first 55 miles took the same amount of time as the last 5 miles. Took about an hour 15 which I can understand. It was about what I expected. Coming back I should've known better. Multiple accidents on 93 South, lane closures at the Braintree split, more lane closures on 128 dropping 4 lanes to 1. Then right when things got moving quickly on the 24 Raceway, some fog rolled in so I laid off a bit. Hour and 40 to get home. Miserable

• Wow
Reactions: BMC

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
This is cracking me up

"I've got a turkey attacking my cruiser "

"10-4 he has no fear"

"I tried to use my siren to scare him off and I think he took it as a challenge"

"Do you need backup for the turkey attack?" "Negative, trying to de-escalate, currently negotiating"

"I don't know how many mornings I've spent under a tree trying to get them close to me and I can't get this one to go away"

"I'm in foot pursuit... suspect two feet tall.... short beard" :biglaugh:

Wild turkeys are not to be trifled with.

My mother's late husband was a Marine and led men in Vietnam.

His encounter with a pack of wild turkeys in an alley next to a dumpster, in the city of Detroit no less, would curl your toenails.

I live in Newton Highlands now, which has its wooded areas, but we had turkeys in East Watertown, too. Usually around this time of year and later. I'm glad I never had a face to face.

Avoid at all cost and give a wide berth,

🇹🇷. 🦃

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
been on a mental health leave for 6 weeks, have been undergoing some intense therapy with a wonderful therapist who suggested I get the hell out of the organization I am with which is not a problem as they have treated me like crap.

Scored a 2nd interview with a local college here in HR, it`s a competition and meeting the big wigs Thursday, no clue how many others are in the running but all fingers and toes crossed

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Drove up to see Hans Zimmer last night. 60 miles in, 60 miles home. On the way in, the first 55 miles took the same amount of time as the last 5 miles. Took about an hour 15 which I can understand. It was about what I expected. Coming back I should've known better. Multiple accidents on 93 South, lane closures at the Braintree split, more lane closures on 128 dropping 4 lanes to 1. Then right when things got moving quickly on the 24 Raceway, some fog rolled in so I laid off a bit. Hour and 40 to get home. Miserable
Man, south of the city blows with traffic. Apparently also near midnight.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad