OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1726193151117.png

Acie

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2019
Southern Ontario
Going to Bourbon & Beyond in Louisville, Kentucky next week.

Anyone familiar with the area and if so, when I'm not busy festivaling, is there anything I should be going to see or anywhere I should be eating at?

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY

Anyone familiar with the area and if so, when I'm not busy festivaling, is there anything I should be going to see or anywhere I should be eating at?
I wish I could help you out seeing as I moved to northern Kentucky a couple months ago but I haven't visited Louisville yet. I'd have to ask a family member. It's about a 1 hr 42 minute drive south of me down I-71.

Reactions: Acie

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
A near miss in Nashville @Bruinaura

The FAA has got to fix this people are going to die

Stay away from Boeing. 😯

As if Boeing didn’t have enough problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
In honour of International Chocolate Day, what is (are) your favourite chocolate brand(s)?

My first choices are Lindt and Cadbury.

View attachment 906736
Lindt chocolate will always remind me of Christmas as my parents always bought some around that time.

I discovered the joys of Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate when I went to Ireland and it kinda ruined me on chocolate here because it was so good.

Reactions: caz16

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Lindt chocolate will always remind me of Christmas as my parents always bought some around that time.

I discovered the joys of Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate when I went to Ireland and it kinda ruined me on chocolate here because it was so good.
The Cadbury's chocolate made in the UK is far superior to North American versions of Cadbury. We frequent British chocolate shops in our area for this reason.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
My mother suggested I try for unemployment while Im looking for work. I qualified for around $300 a week, yet its been pending for weeks. Not only that but there is NO ONE to talk to when u call. Its just some recorded and they have said the same thing for weeks. Talked to a guy yesterday and he said I had to put 5 more jobs I looked at or interviewed at a week and not two like I had put. Explained to him I was new to this process but already have a job on the 16th. He said he would waive the past few weeks and I would just need to show them proof I am starting a new job. Log on the past 2 days and there is no where to submit anything. Called the number from yesterday and they said they cant help me even tho they did yesterday. Told to call the same customer service number I have been calling and look I am getting the same message.

Ill probably get this money in 2 years at this rate

Reactions: BMC

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
The manhunt down here in KY has me a little sketched out and on edge. Scary they haven't caught him yet.

• Wow
Reactions: caz16

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

We went down last year for Louder than Life. We had a blast. They are incredibly well-run and organized festivals. I hope you got a package with shuttle service, because the parking situation was a shitshow - getting out was crazy for folks. Luckily, we had the shuttle service so it wasn't that bad for us.

We weren't expecting much from Louisville, but it's a super fun town. Lots of bars and restaurants to check out; our favorite was the Troll Pub. We did a pedal tavern tour the day we arrived to get the lay of the land, and that was really fun and gave us an idea of the layout - we also stopped at some places we may not have otherwise.

Definitely check out the Louisville Bat factory and museum, that was really cool. Also, consider stopping in to a Louisville Bats minor league game. They have a brewery right on site.

We went to a Louisville football game, which was awesome. Oddly enough, they were playing BC - we delighted in buying Louisville gear and cheering against the Eagles. While Louisville is a "small" stadium compared to some of the others in the Power 5, it was an awesome experience.

Finally, one of the coolest things we did was walk over a bridge into Indiana. We want to get to all 50 states, and our rule is to count it we need to have a meal, an overnight, or an activity in the state to count (driving through or layovers don't count). We went to Harry's Taphouse which is was super cool, tons of TVs for football. It's right on the river, and the downtown area is adorable with shops and other restaurants to check out.

• Love

Acie

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2019
Southern Ontario
We went down last year for Louder than Life. We had a blast. They are incredibly well-run and organized festivals. I hope you got a package with shuttle service, because the parking situation was a shitshow - getting out was crazy for folks. Luckily, we had the shuttle service so it wasn't that bad for us.

We weren't expecting much from Louisville, but it's a super fun town. Lots of bars and restaurants to check out; our favorite was the Troll Pub. We did a pedal tavern tour the day we arrived to get the lay of the land, and that was really fun and gave us an idea of the layout - we also stopped at some places we may not have otherwise.

Definitely check out the Louisville Bat factory and museum, that was really cool. Also, consider stopping in to a Louisville Bats minor league game. They have a brewery right on site.

We went to a Louisville football game, which was awesome. Oddly enough, they were playing BC - we delighted in buying Louisville gear and cheering against the Eagles. While Louisville is a "small" stadium compared to some of the others in the Power 5, it was an awesome experience.

Finally, one of the coolest things we did was walk over a bridge into Indiana. We want to get to all 50 states, and our rule is to count it we need to have a meal, an overnight, or an activity in the state to count (driving through or layovers don't count). We went to Harry's Taphouse which is was super cool, tons of TVs for football. It's right on the river, and the downtown area is adorable with shops and other restaurants to check out.
This is amazing!

Thank you.

We got the package.

Will definitely check that stuff out. The Troll Pub is a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

Reactions: Kate08

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
This is amazing!

Thank you.

We got the package.

Will definitely check that stuff out. The Troll Pub is a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

We go to a lot of music festivals and compare them to LTL. The grounds are HUGE.

We're going to Ocean City, MD for Ocean's Calling in a few weeks.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Played 18 at Pembroke CC for a Hanson Police Dept charity event. Our 4some played AWFUL start to finish. I think we finished 14 maybe 15 over. We scored completely honest though. Might be the first best ball round I’ve played where we never made a birdie. Due to the nature of these tournaments, we still had a fantastic time

I’m tired, but not in misery. Got a little bit of sun but I’m alright. Overall, a terrible day playing golf when it’s 75-80 and bright sun is better than my best day at work. I’ll take it.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I *do not* make a commission on product in the Pro Shop here at TD Garden.

However if you love a bargain and hate getting ripped off, and you are a B's or C's fan, I repeat as a public service:

This Saturday and Sunday, the Pro Shop is having a big sale. The price of almost everything will be drastically reduced.

I may have shared previously that I am a saver, compulsively and proudly frugal. Cheap, if you prefer.

Nonetheless, I have been snapping up an impressive array of merch.

A Bruins hoodie for $19.99; a Bruins jacket for the same price.
A Bruins t-shirt 👕 for $9.99.

(Better still for me, as an employee I receive a 40% discount on all items. Hence, the hoodie and the jacket were $11.99; the t-shirt, about $4.00. Money is no object. I have lost my mind.)

Now, if you have visited the Pro Shop in the past, you know that prices on even the most trivial items are absurdly, not to say insultingly, expensive.

All of which is to say, if you are in the area and would like to score some cool swag for even cooler prices, now is your chance.

We are open from 10:00 to 6:00 both days. I will be here, so if you feel like it, come and say hello.

Just ask for Mark,

✌️😎

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I *do not* make a commission on product in the Pro Shop here at TD Garden.

However if you love a bargain and hate getting ripped off, and you are a B's or C's fan, I repeat as a public service:

This Saturday and Sunday, the Pro Shop is having a big sale. The price of almost everything will be drastically reduced.

I may have shared previously that I am a saver, compulsively and proudly frugal. Cheap, if you prefer.

Nonetheless, I have been snapping up an impressive array of merch.

A Bruins hoodie for $19.99; a Bruins jacket for the same price.
A Bruins t-shirt 👕 for $9.99.

(Better still for me, as an employee I receive a 40% discount on all items. Hence, the hoodie and the jacket were $11.99; the t-shirt, about $4.00. Money is no object. I have lost my mind.)

Now, if you have visited the Pro Shop in the past, you know that prices on even the most trivial items are absurdly, not to say insultingly, expensive.

All of which is to say, if you are in the area and would like to score some cool swag for even cooler prices, now is your chance.

We are open from 10:00 to 6:00 both days. I will be here, so if you feel like it, come and say hello.

Just ask for Mark,

✌️😎
You deserve thanks for your service to HF!

If you can stop in Mark is a cool guy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad