OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
23 years...

Cannot believe it's been 23 years since 9/11.

Feels like just yesterday. I can remember the entire day and days, weeks, months, so vividly.

Never forget.

Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Local fire department participated in the Nashville stair climb event today.

Every time I think about those first responders going up all those stairs 23 years ago to try to help, I just want to cry.

These are the guys that should be millionaires. But that's not why they do it.

FB_IMG_1726075455974.jpg

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
all my fault. it was a force play at second.

lost 26-23.lol
That’s rough. I bet you punched “men’s sliding shorts” into Amazon as soon as you got home. I don’t think my body would survive a baseball slide on any surface these days. My knees, ankles, hips, and naturally my back, would all be left ten feet from the bag as I lay in a pile on top of the base

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Serious packing has commenced. I'm alternating between feeling like I've gotten a lot accomplished already, and feeling completely overwhelmed lol. One day at a time, eat an elephant one bite at a time, and all that I guess.

At least I'll have Thanksgiving and Christmas break to recover after all this....

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
That’s rough. I bet you punched “men’s sliding shorts” into Amazon as soon as you got home. I don’t think my body would survive a baseball slide on any surface these days. My knees, ankles, hips, and naturally my back, would all be left ten feet from the bag as I lay in a pile on top of the base
LOL. My Men’s Baseball team got eliminated from the playoffs last night, 6-4. The upside of that is that the outside of my right lower leg can finally heal. It looks like a hairy pepperoni pizza right now from all the sliding I’ve been doing this summer, and that’s WITH baseball pants.

They never really got a chance to heal over the season.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TD Charlie

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
LOL. My Men’s Baseball team got eliminated from the playoffs last night, 6-4. The upside of that is that the outside of my right lower leg can finally heal. It looks like a hairy pepperoni pizza right now from all the sliding I’ve been doing this summer, and that’s WITH baseball pants.

They never really got a chance to heal over the season.
Hairy pepperoni pizza.... thank you so much for that mental image lol

This discussion reminded me of League of their own.... and I read somewhere that this bruise was legit... not makeup

sub-buzz-2634-1669214686-4.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: BMC and RoccoF14

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Hairy pepperoni pizza.... thank you so much for that mental image lol

This discussion reminded me of League of their own.... and I read somewhere that this bruise was legit... not makeup

View attachment 906561
Yeah I got one of those too. Got drilled with a fastball in the thigh about 2 weeks ago. The bruise is a more green/yellow shade now, but it was a nice purple/pink for the first 4-5 days. Same leg, too.

I look awesome in shorts right now..

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
My great nephew Kenny. Me and the Bride are going to start baby sitting him a few days a week at end of the month. Just so my nephew and his wife can get back on their feet with new jobs.
I cant wait to have ‘a little’ in my house again. Gonna spoil him rotten!

View attachment 905365

Looks like we should be well prepared for when we start next week.

😁

1726169766097.jpeg

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
"This is our daughter, Dottie. This is our other daughter, Dottie's sister" :laugh:
I suppose this belongs in the film thread, but for all of its gratuitous violence, it too remains a favorite,

Geena Davis observed that as meaningful as "A League of Their Own" was to her, Charlie Baltimore gave her a new sense of self and personal strength.

Great buddy flick.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i just have to start wearing the knee high socks with pants.
i just hate wearing pants instesd of shorts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad