OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So the saga of my boys stolen car is finally near conclusion. The car was found after being used as a battering ram to break into vape stores in Ma, RI and NH. The teenage culprits caught in Hudson MA.
The car totaled. Currently in police impound as evidence. I had to provide all my ez pass transponder info to the authorities to give them time stamps and they could pull enhanced turnpike photos.
Anyway whilst waiting for a settlement still he wont gat much.
So yesterday I took him out and bought him this, pick up tomorrow. Never saw the kid so happy. Its been hard on him.

View attachment 905737
Nice. You are a great Dad. I love your family.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
So the saga of my boys stolen car is finally near conclusion. The car was found after being used as a battering ram to break into vape stores in Ma, RI and NH. The teenage culprits caught in Hudson MA.
The car totaled. Currently in police impound as evidence. I had to provide all my ez pass transponder info to the authorities to give them time stamps and they could pull enhanced turnpike photos.
So yesterday I took him out and bought him this, pick up tomorrow. Never saw the kid so happy. Its been hard on him.

View attachment 905737
It’s beautiful. I hope they throw the book at the suspects. I hope your son is on the path to healing from this nightmare.

Reactions: caz16 and Gee Wally

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
We caught this on our wildlife camera. Does anyone know what type of hawk it might be? I wonder if it was after the squirrel....and if it got the squirrel.
1725803005400.png

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

View attachment 905737
Good lord you’re a good man

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Idk if ive shared already but my daughter sent me a new photo of my peanut. Hes so big at 2. Since its an IPhone photo I can hold it down and hear his little voice

I hate my ex for taking them all away from me

Good thing they want to visit and I told them all I want for my 40th in 2025 is them to come see me.

Theyre in their late teens and early 20s I dont want to idk interfere with their lives

So happy my youngest wants to go into the military. Get her away from her nightmare mother……
IMG_0022.jpeg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Cops said probably not because all three are minors.
I don't know how anyone can look at what they did and be lenient because they're "minors." They're jolly well old enough to know exactly what they're doing.

Letting them off the hook now just means they're going to be arresting them for something else again soon, after they've created more victims.

End of rant.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I don't know how anyone can look at what they did and be lenient because they're "minors." They're jolly well old enough to know exactly what they're doing.

Letting them off the hook now just means they're going to be arresting them for something else again soon, after they've created more victims.

End of rant.

I agree.
But I guess thats what the laws are. Police said most likely probation.
They were 15, 16 & 17.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
The most perfect day since I’ve been out here. Sun, blue skies, 80 degrees with a light breeze. Ran my errands and finally had all my car windows down. It is fair season so I went with my sister and bro in law to the Cleveland County Fair so my niece could see the animals. She and I then spent the entire ride hope practicing our moo’s. She’s an absolute trip in the best way. Got a foot 90 minutes by the pool and the breeze made the water just a little too cold for my liking. Got to my waist and then got out lol.

Fall is on the horizon. We are getting cooler at night but we are anywhere between 80-90 during the day. The humidity is down which helps a lot.
Had an awesome day with my son yesterday. Went for a bike ride, then for a hike in the woods, then went to lunch, picked up the pup from the groomer, and took the pup for a walk. The weather was absolutely perfect.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I just turned the heat on a little bit in the house I'm at because the thermostat said 65F and I was actually chilly. This summer was so hot I must have gotten used to being like 90+ everyday.

Reactions: Ladyfan

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm jealous of you New Englanders getting to start fall. It's been a heatwave out here in the high 90s, sometimes crossing 100 the last 5 days or so and not going to cool down until Wednesday or Thursday. I want to die.

I would much rather it be below 10 degrees than over 90 degrees outside. No question about it. In the cold you can put on warm comfy clothes and wrap yourself in blankets, sit in front of a fire, etc. and you're nice and cozy and sleep well. Unless you have AC in your house, there's damn near nothing you can do in extreme heat. And it's absolutely impossible to sleep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad