Auction Draft Interest (with a Twist)

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Gauging interest for an auction draft. One fun wrinkle will be that NHL team names will be randomly assigned to GM's and all winning bids will only show winning team so the gm's will be made anonymous until after voting has concluded. This is mostly for fun to try to guess who's gm of which team, but also helps eliminate gm bias when voting that some gm's believe exists.

I'll post the full set of rules once we get 20+ GM's interested, they'll be similar to the last auction, with maybe a small change to rules for teams that go over the cap to eliminate entire days being taken over by 1 or 2 teams that go way over the cap and bust. We'll use the same google sheets bidding, thanks to @LT

If interested post here

GM List
  1. @Nucker101
  2. @LT
  3. @Gecklund
  4. @trick9
  5. @Panda Bear
  6. @Kent Nilsson
  7. @SRHRangers
  8. @Makaveli
  9. @Taluss
  10. @BeLeafing
  11. @EdJovanovski
  12. @AslanRH
  13. @Scholarships
  14. @Llamamoto
  15. @Iwishihadaspacebar
  16. @Tryamkin
  17. @hockeynorth
  18. @McDoused
  19. @Paralyzer008
  20. @Joey Moss
  21. @OB5
  22. @Gibby
  23. @Dr Pepper
  24. @Blinny
  25. @ConnorMcMullet
  26. @biturbo19

Last edited:
Reactions: LT

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Plan is to start the auction either tomorrow or thursday, just going to tag some people today who've joined our drafts in the past to see if anyone else is interested and give them until tomorrow morning to join.

For the people who have never done an auction, it's actually less time consuming than our regular drafts, I'll send you a google sheet of players everyday and you bid on players you want, all bids are private so you don't know what the bid to beat is. Takes about 5-15 mins per day to fill out your bids, unlike a regular draft where you have to find players to pick every round and keep track of who's still available.

Here's a link to our last auction just to give you an idea: LT & Gecklund's Auction Game v3 - Bidding

Reactions: OB5 and LT

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I still don't fully get how an auction draft works, and potentially letting me spend whatever i want on bad players sounds like a calamity. But i like the sounds of only having to check in for a little bit at a predictable time every day. That i can probably manage.

So if there's spots, sign me up. why not?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I still don't fully get how an auction draft works, and potentially letting me spend whatever i want on bad players sounds like a calamity. But i like the sounds of only having to check in for a little bit at a predictable time every day. That i can probably manage.

So if there's spots, sign me up. why not?
I'd just use the last draft I linked a few posts above as a reference for values, basically play it conservative early on if you're unsure, we spread out the talent each day so you can still build a great team even if you don't win anyone the first 2 or 3 days, but if you blow all your money early, you're toast.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd just use the last draft I linked a few posts above as a reference for values, basically play it conservative early on if you're unsure, we spread out the talent each day so you can still build a great team even if you don't win anyone the first 2 or 3 days, but if you blow all your money early, you're toast.

Mostly just trying to grapple with the idea that it's basically a total free-for-all on who can be bid on? It's not like...a set Player or Group of Players "On the Auction Block" like a conventional auction?

I'll figure it out maybe. Or not. We'll see. lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad