Recalled/Assigned: Aube-Kubel and Goulbourne up, Vorobyev down

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Nothing that hasn’t already been said, but I need to say some sh*t anyway......

Go NAK. But the Goulbourne promotion is a pathetic gesture by a team unwilling to come to grips with reality, and I say that about the team more than the individual player. But this is a fringe AHL/ECHL level player who came up last season in another desperate maneuver. They kept winning; he stayed up until they didn’t. But after the GM proclaimed he wasn’t coming up to play 5 minutes a game, he did just that. Because he has mush for brains and absolutely positively no puck skill. Perhaps it’s not even Weise who comes out for him but Lindblom. His usage has been scarily trending down.

So, amid struggles this season, they do the very same thing. He’s a 4th line nothing — and I do expect him to play, at least to start. But the reasoning behind it is so inane. Last season, they all but self-confirmed Goulbourne was not an NHL player after the fact when he barely played and got sent down when his magical aura wore off. So, his entire call-up (we will see how much he plays) is yet another wish in the ENERGY well to repeat what was a total fluke irrelevant to the individual player. He didn’t PK last go around, as was expected of him, so we will see if they insert him there this go around. As if he’d make any difference.

This is not second level thinking, people. This is the thought process of a delusional, finger pointing “Hockey Guy,” with his likeminded lackey, in charge of the day-to-day processes of a company worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

But credit to whoever knew deep down Goulbourne wasn’t done with this team yet. They kept him around for a reason.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Trust hextall trust the process

giphy.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This is where we will see Hakstol fail hard as a development guy. With players like Voro who aren't first round talents who can just flat out overcome his failings and pointless obstruction through sheer natural skill. The guys who require guidance and development rather than confidence shattering benching and silence.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Vorobyev was far from "sucking donkey balls". He basically played 5 games where he was given a legit role

Played well in his first 2 games. Struggled in the SJ game where the entire team fell apart, then was just run of the mill rookie in the next 2 games.

How is that so bad that it is worthy to completely abandon him earning a spot and looking great in the process? The answer is desperation and a flawed approach with this staff. It should be very, very, very concerning to anyone that cares about this team what is being shown here. It's incompetence and a poisoned process through and through

Fake news: 1.76 pp/60, CF 38.46, CFrel -10.67, GF/GA 4/2, xGF 33.50, xGFrel -10.57, HDCF/CA 7/22
After the first two games, he was a black hole.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I doubt Goul sees more than 5 minutes of ice time the next two weeks, like the last time he came up.
He's here to keep the press box warm while the real prospects play in LHV.

Bottom 6 game #1
Lindblom - Pimp - Simmer
Laughton - Torgo - Raffl

Bottom 6 game #12
Lindblom - Torgo/Weal - Simmer
Ghoul - Knight - Weise

How? Why?

Laughton promoted (to the 3rd line, Lindblom was back with Patrick).
Pimp - "fail"
Raffl, JVR - injury.

No conspiracy

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
This is where we will see Hakstol fail hard as a development guy. With players like Voro who aren't first round talents who can just flat out overcome his failings and pointless obstruction through sheer natural skill. The guys who require guidance and development rather than confidence shattering benching and silence.

exactly,

Not everyone go out there and be Provorov. Some people need guidance and they certainly don't need to be publicly called out and blame for a loss by the coach,

Based on his player development skills alone, he needs to be fired

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
My preference is to fire Hakstol but getting a couple young players that are quick and play with energy is a good thing

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
TK, Sanheim and Lindblom

I guess those guys getting scratched by december

Lindblom has been lucky to hit the 10 minute mark in games recently so he might as well be scratched at this point. If you go back to the playoffs, I wouldn’t be surprised if Konecny has played more games at 15 minutes or less than he has over 15 minutes.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009

Between that sign and all the things the Hex-Hak combo have said and done, there’s a clear message to me. I have no reason to believe that the organizational leaders have anything other than antiquated, narrow views retained and reinforced by an old boys club mentality.

At least in some regards because the idea of asset management that Hex kind of excels at is a newer age sports concept. Hak I’ve wanted gone for at least a year now, but I’m surprised how quickly Hextall is managing to destroy all the good will and faith in him.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
View attachment 150403

Goulbourne’s individual contributions to GF, xGF, CF, xGA, & CA from his last stint with the Flyers...

Ted, correct me if I am wrong, but those look like failing grades. I used to tell my students that if they wore any Manchester United gear into class, I was going to give them an H-, which is a slightly higher score than those.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad