Atlantic Standings Predictions Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CCM19

Not Phased
Apr 2, 2015
1. Florida
2. Toronto
3. Detroit
4. Boston (WC)
5. Ottawa (WC)
6. Tampa Bay
7. Buffalo
8. Montreal

Last edited:

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
Nah,
That honour is shared between Buffalo and Toronto. Summer is those two fan bases favourite time of the season before they realize it's the same old/same old and the light fades from their eyes.
Toss in a. Heavy dose of 'this is the year The Bruins fall apart', and ´Tampa cheats',
Pretty much describes every off season Atlantic thread for the past dozen years.
This was true for Buffalo maybe 3-4 years ago. Sabres fan are much more pessimistic now. Wings/Sens fans took our spot of "this is the year"

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It has to be the Leafs year. I mean....needless to say most of us in here has seen Mozart dropping a single before we see the Leafs win a Cup so at one point....

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
This was true for Buffalo maybe 3-4 years ago. Sabres fan are much more pessimistic now. Wings/Sens fans took our spot of "this is the year"
ya, you're right.
I shouldn't throw Sabres fans into the fire (we all want your team to do better) as it was mostly pundits and neutral fans and those that swear by 'the draft' - but a decade of people clamouring for the assension of The Sabres and demise of The Bruins has it stuck in my head. It was clockwork for a good decade. The craziest two teams to read prognostications about in the summer for a long time.

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
I don’t think so. They would be missing their biggest piece, but I think the improvements in goals against would carry them through the missing Matthews goals pretty well.

The team is more balanced this year, and Matthews brings a lot more than goals, but I think the defense is the best it’s looked in …. 20 years? God how sad is that? And the goaltending is going to be twice as good as it was the last 3 years with Samsonov in net.

Of course, that’s just on paper and anything can happen once they all hit the ice.

I think the Leafs have to be the odds on favorites to win the Atlantic, even if Matthews misses a week or two to start the season.

They are the only team who didn’t lose any pieces and got better at all the positions they struggled with last year.

The big dogs in the Atlantic have all taken major hits, except the Maple Leafs. The Maple Leafs are the only team who got better compared to Florida, Boston and tampa

The Leafs got better? They added a backup goalie and a 35 year old #4 to play as a #2.

OEL, Hakanpaa and Pacioretty suck.

Tavares is another year older and slower.

And Nylander is playing C now?

I don’t understand how anyone looks at their team and thinks it’s better than Florida, Boston or Tampa.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
The Leafs got better? They added a backup goalie and a 35 year old #4 to play as a #2.

OEL, Hakanpaa and Pacioretty suck.

Tavares is another year older and slower.

And Nylander is playing C now?

I don’t understand how anyone looks at their team and thinks it’s better than Florida, Boston or Tampa.

You will lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad