Atlantic Standings Predictions Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Wait …. Are yo listing Detroit, Buffalo and Montreal are all going to make the playoffs while Tampa, Boston and Toronto miss?

Is that what you’re trying to say here? You’re joking, right? ….. right??
I didn't say that but I don't think the disparity between the top 4 and bottom 4 is that great anymore. Detroit in particular keeps graduating good prospects. And their best ones are young and still improving...with any kind of goaltending last year they were a playoff team. I don't know what to make of any of those 3 teams because they need significant improvements in goaltending. Buffalo would have been on the cusp of the playoffs if Eric Comrie had never played a game for them. Montreal is totally unpredictable. I don't think they have enough talent yet, and they have alot of salary tied up in Gallagher and Anderson without results. Goaltending is a big question mark there.

I think Tampa is going to miss...Toronto and Boston have some star power, but I can't predict injuries...Boston has a good locker room, and a winning tradition, so I think they are safe. Toronto I am not as sure about...we'll see what the Matthews era brings.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It’s also possible they knock no-one off and get in. Don’t think it will be Buffalo though.

Do you really see the Atlantic taking 5 spots? I don't, and even if they did, I think Ottawa takes it over Buffalo, Detroit or Montreal because at least Ottawa has a goalie.

Regardless I still think It's a 4/4 split

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Do you really see the Atlantic taking 5 spots? I don't, and even if they did, I think Ottawa takes it over Buffalo, Detroit or Montreal because at least Ottawa has a goalie.

Regardless I still think It's a 4/4 split

I could see it the metro is mid. Carolina regressed badly, the only real locks are Rangers and Devils IMO

Reactions: Mudz

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I could see it the metro is mid. Carolina regressed badly, the only real locks are Rangers and Devils IMO

I still have Carolina making it.

I have NYR, NJD, Carolina and probably Washington, but Crosby Malkin and Letang keep the Pens in the mix

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
So which one of Toronto, Boston, Florida or Tampa are they knocking out?
I could see 5 teams or TB the most likely team to slip as they have a ton of miles on their core there and the Sabers were only 7 points out of the last playoff spot which was Washington last year.

Time will tell.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I didn't say that but I don't think the disparity between the top 4 and bottom 4 is that great anymore. Detroit in particular keeps graduating good prospects. And their best ones are young and still improving...with any kind of goaltending last year they were a playoff team. I don't know what to make of any of those 3 teams because they need significant improvements in goaltending. Buffalo would have been on the cusp of the playoffs if Eric Comrie had never played a game for them. Montreal is totally unpredictable. I don't think they have enough talent yet, and they have alot of salary tied up in Gallagher and Anderson without results. Goaltending is a big question mark there.

I think Tampa is going to miss...Toronto and Boston have some star power, but I can't predict injuries...Boston has a good locker room, and a winning tradition, so I think they are safe. Toronto I am not as sure about...we'll see what the Matthews era brings.
And Tampa doesn't have star power, sure...I guess Kucherov, Point, Guentzel, Hagel, Hedman etc are all just going to disappear. Not to mention, McD is an upgrade on the defensive side over Sergachev (who still makes far, far too many defensive blunders at this point in his career) and Moser is being underrated by some. Tampa still made it last year with nearly a bottom quarter defense in terms of GA, and by most accounts, they have improved on that end this offseason. Vasy also missed the first quarter of last season and clearly wasn't close to his usual self until after the half way point, if even then. Tampa could suffer injuries and miss just as any of the top 4 in the Atlantic could, but it seems doubtful that they are finishing lower than 3rd or 4th in the division because they just fall off this season.

LevelingSolo

Jan 15, 2012
1.Florida--still the best maybe cup hangover hits them though
2. Boston-- just won't go away
3. Toronto-- They essentially are counting on Berube to be that much better then Keefe
4.Sabres- The surprise team, Lindy will have them ready
5. Tampa -- Mighty have fallen, but still a competitive group
6. Detroit -- Don't really get the direction
7. Montreal-- Doing things right but not quite there
8. Ottawa- Travis Green

Reactions: wetcoast

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
1. Leafs
2. Bruins
3. Panthers
4. Tampa (WC)

5.Senators
6.Red Wings
7. Sabres
8. Habs

The top 4 have been pretty consistent for years now don't really see it changing. Senators I might have given a chance if Travis green wasn't the coach.

I agree with this for the most part although I would swap the Bruins and Panthers

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Hi,

I'm from the future, so you can trust my predictions 100%

Tampa Bay
Toronto
Boston
Montréal
Florida
Ottawa
Detroit
Buffalo

Toronto than get taken out in the first round as per usual
Montréal go on a surprise run and win it all against Colorado in 6
Calder and Conn Smythe to Lane Hutson

This has already happened btw, just like that

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Hi,

I'm from the future, so you can trust my predictions 100%

Tampa Bay
Toronto
Boston
Montréal
Florida
Ottawa
Detroit
Buffalo

Toronto than get taken out in the first round as per usual
Montréal go on a surprise run and win it all against Colorado in 6
Calder and Conn Smythe to Lane Hutson

This has already happened btw, just like that
When has Lane Hutson won a Conn Smythe and Calder??

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
They play alright in the regular season. Never a President's Trophy contender. Very seldom a division leader. Usually a bubble playoff team on the upper edge of the playoff bubble.

Do you really think they'll finish ahead of Florida or Boston with a #1 goalie who is often injured and has played less than 40 NHL games in his career and a piecemeal uninspiring defense?

Boston isn't a very good team.

Unlikely they finish ahead of Florida though

Reactions: TheOrangeDesk

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
1. Boston (Has gotten better this off season apart from losing their 1B goalie)

2. Toronto (Lost Bert, D-core is better,Goaltender is better.. Can't trust Toronto to win division though)

3. Florida (Lost players this summer, little worse, still a team that knows how to win)

4. Detroit (Forward group can be solid + growth from young players, d-core iffy, goaltending should be stable)

5. Tampa (Probably could go to 4, think bottom 6 of their forwards isn't good, also didn't like swapping Sergachev for McD and Moser).

6. Ottawa (top 8 forwards is fine, don't like the 4th line... Top 3 dman are good, bottom 3 not so much.. Travis Green isn't a good coach, goaltending much improved, don't think it saves them though).

7. MTL (I like their forward group, just need some time to grow, D-core isn't good, but younger d-man need time to grow, I don't trust that goaltending duo though).

8. Buffalo (I just dont trust them in general to not disappoint everyone).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad