Atlantic Standings Predictions Thread

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
They play well in the regular season its just when the postseason hits.

Is that ‘they’ a factor of the players more than the coach? Does that MO (for better and for worse) stick with them through a coaching change?

That’s the big unknown here. Keefe Leafs were known to be good regular season team and poor playoff team. Does that necessarily mean the same for Berube Leafs (or Keefe Devils for that matter)?

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
What are the improvements

Acquiring an actual top line center.

You’re a Panthers fan, you saw first hand how bad the Bruins were at face offs. Coyle and Zacha were just not cut out for being anything beyond a rotatable 2/3 C.

Plus the team is now bigger and tougher.

The 2 real question marks are on Korpisalo and replacing Debrusk’s output.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
1 - Boston
2 to 8

ipm2esxb3lq21.jpg

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
They've been in 6 straight finals, including one year where it was 2 Atlantic teams. I don't think anyone still blames the division for the Leafs choking.
The pumping up hyping they do there has to be next level and taught to all business and maybe even politicians across the globe. Do a Ted talk maybe.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Sens went from the worst starting goalie in the league to a top 10 goalie. That alone is a huge boost.
The Sens are also whatever is the opposite of a goalie factory. I wouldn't be shocked if there is an Ullmark regression just from going from playing in Boston to now playing in Ottawa.

My prediction:

1. Boston
2. Toronto
3. Florida
4. Tampa
5. Ottawa
6. Detroit
7. Buffalo
8. Montreal

Think the top 4 hold strong again. I can see any version of the top 3 in whatever order. 5-7 could also scramble and I wouldnt be shocked.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Ottawa had hired a head coach I had never heard of before, then went and got Ullmark I would probably think they could potentially be a decent team this year.

Instead, they went and hired Travis Green, who is one of the worst head coaches in the league, arguably the worst that's currently employed as a head coach. And then they went and got Ullmark. Ullmark + Green is still better than Korpisalo + Scotty Bowman, but still probably not good enough.

Reactions: SENStastic

PlayItAgain

Jan 18, 2005
The Sens are also whatever is the opposite of a goalie factory. I wouldn't be shocked if there is an Ullmark regression just from going from playing in Boston to now playing in Ottawa.
Ullmark averaged something around a .913 save % while playing on a pretty bad Buffalo team for years. If Ottawa had that type of goaltending last year, they would have made the playoffs.

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Panthers
Leafs
Bruins
Lightening
Sabres
Senators
Red Wings
Habs
Something like this and maybe the sAbers push and reach top 4 but at the expense of which team that I don't know.

Maybe Florida dips back where they were 2 years ago as they are going to miss OEL and Montour on the back end?

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Yes due to Bolts. Bolts are now regressed. And Cup winners of recent also include the Avs and Knights.

Since 2019 only an Atlantic team has represented the East in the Finals, 4 different teams have done it. And in 2021 2 Atlantic teams played each other in the Finals (Tampa beat Montreal).

On topic it's Florida, Boston, Toronto, Tampa then everyone else.

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Boston
Florida
Tampa

Toronto
Montreal
Ottawa
Detroit
Buffalo

Boston & Florida will be cream of the crop again. Florida takes small step back from short summer/cup run hangover.

Toronto slides behind TB because of adjustment period of new coach & def overhaul.

Habs surprise a lot of pundits and stay in WC hunt all year, riding stability of minimal roster changes and fully bought in young core.

Red Wings goaltending and aging roster (D group especially) get exposed and they take a step back.

Ottawa continues to be Ottawa (sum = less than the parts), locker room issues boil over to major roster change (big trade)

Buffalo falls to last as Ruff resets the culture and habits, goaltending continues to be big problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad