Atlantic division teams leading 3 of 4 current divisions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The Panters would be trouble for either team this season, they're very impressive.

giphy-7.gif

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
You just seem to be having a hard time with what is fact and opinion. You are sharing your opinion here. Which you are obviously fully entitled too. I really do not care if your opinion is that the Leafs are bad...you are one random person on the internet lol. The fact that there is no cross division play means there is no factual way to know how good the divisions are compared to each other. That is just the flat out truth whether you want to hear it or not.

You just stated that you cannot know how good each division is due to no cross divisional games. So the only source of info is last year's results. You want to deny that this matters with nothing to back it up.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
You just stated that you cannot know how good each division is due to no cross divisional games. So the only source of info is last year's results. You want to deny that this matters with nothing to back it up.
I never said it doesn't matter? I said it isn't fact lol. You are taking last years results and using it as the only measuring stick because there is nothing else to measure the teams against each other when in reality...there is just no actual real way to measure up the teams accurately across divisions and anyone acting like there is, is just being foolish.

Reactions: Brobust

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
How many West teams made it past the first round playing against a team not in their current division?

1 - Vegas

How many West teams didn't even qualify for the 24 team format:
3- Anaheim, LA, San Jose

and the Atlantic:
1- Ottawa

You make a point, that literally applies to your own division SMH

Vegas actually made it to the 3rd round not just the second. The North also has one less team, you also missed that fact.

No question that SJ, ducks, LA were baddd last year. They won as many playoff series as the leafs did.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

lol and he has a valid point, your division is complete garbage. Problem is no one plays outside their division so you'll never know how bad you'd really do, but we can speculate endlessly. Leafs were able to shutout McDavid back to back without our best player and a back up and AHL goalie, I can only imagine what they would do to Mackinnon :sarcasm: You see how your logic works ? You want to call 1 division garbage because they don't play outside their division. But you want to call your division good, but they don't play outside their division either. Makes no sense.

Last years results are indicative of last years rosters and player development etc. In 2019 Tampa was swept out of the first round, they dominated the entire playoffs in 2020, goes to show you how flawed and inaccurate it is to make predictions this year with last years teams.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
So you’d rate the Sabres and the Leafs as being equally successful over the past ten years?

Obviously some exaggeration, but I don't think the losing in the 2nd round instead of the 1st supports the absolute chasm between the attitudes towards Colorado vs. Toronto. They're a good team but they're closer to Toronto than Tampa.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I never said it doesn't matter? I said it isn't fact lol. You are taking last years results and using it as the only measuring stick because there is nothing else to measure the teams against each other when in reality...there is just no actual real way to measure up the teams accurately across divisions and anyone acting like there is, is just being foolish.

Which is why I stated that the leafs are not a contender.. there is lack of evidence to prove they are, as you cannot compare their record to records in a different division. You can only say they are the best team in the north, which according to our only relevant info is the worst division. Anyone pretending they are is being foolish.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
lol and he has a valid point, your division is complete garbage. Problem is no one plays outside their division so you'll never know how bad you'd really do, but we can speculate endlessly. Leafs were able to shutout McDavid back to back without our best player and a back up and AHL goalie, I can only imagine what they would do to Mackinnon :sarcasm: You see how your logic works ? You want to call 1 division garbage because they don't play outside their division. But you want to call your division good, but they don't play outside their division either. Makes no sense.

Last years results are indicative of last years rosters and player development etc. In 2019 Tampa was swept out of the first round, they dominated the entire playoffs in 2020, goes to show you how flawed and inaccurate it is to make predictions this year with last years teams.

And McDavid's team couldn't beat the black Hawks.. literally the worst team in the central division last year.

I call the north the worst division because they don't have a single team that made it past the 2nd round and only 1 that made it past the first. They have 3 teams that made it to the round of 16. You act like all the divisions are somehow equal, yet all of those numbers are below average. The west is essentially avg. 1 team in the final 4, 2 in the final 8, 4 in the final 16.

And this is not accounting for the fact that the north is inherently easier as there are 7 teams versus 8 yet they get 4 playoff spots as there are no wild cards this year.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

When it's left purely to speculation, the anti Leaf bias on HF will always dominate the opinions.

It's the same posters who were ranking the Leafs 4th or 5th in the threads about the Canadian division prior to the season.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Which is why I stated that the leafs are not a contender.. there is lack of evidence to prove they are, as you cannot compare their record to records in a different division. You can only say they are the best team in the north, which according to our only relevant info is the worst division. Anyone pretending they are is being foolish.
Again this is your opinion and not a fact. I can see you are not going to be grasping this one anytime soon though so we will move along :laugh: You are free to use whatever you want to form your own opinion though!

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
The Leafs are clearly a cup contender in 2021. Yes, in past years with Codi Ceci on the top pair and Marner and Matthews not as good, they were not.

Why are we comparing different rosters?

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
And McDavid's team couldn't beat the black Hawks.. literally the worst team in the central division last year.

I call the north the worst division because they don't have a single team that made it past the 2nd round and only 1 that made it past the first. They have 3 teams that made it to the round of 16. You act like all the divisions are somehow equal, yet all of those numbers are below average. The west is essentially avg. 1 team in the final 4, 2 in the final 8, 4 in the final 16.

And this is not accounting for the fact that the north is inherently easier as there are 7 teams versus 8 yet they get 4 playoff spots as there are no wild cards this year.

You keep ignoring that you're comparing last years teams to this year, major flaw. I'll point it out once again, teams can change and actually become better. Young players can break out and become even better, as an Avs fan I assumed you'd know this by now. Also adding key players can make your team better. You keep comparing this years team to last years, they're not remotely the same.

Our D was

Rielly - Ceci - Holl - Muzzin (lost time to injury) - Marincin - Barrie - Dermott

Now it is, Rielly - Brodie - Muzzin - Holl (our most improved player hands down) - Dermott - Bogo.

That is a massive difference you keep ignoring. And the additions of Thornton, Simmonds (missed time due to injury but extremely effective in our top 6 when he was healthy) Matthews and Marner have taken their games to a whole new level and the argument can be made they are both playing even better than Mackinnon this year. You just live to shit on Toronto, it's no secret everyone here knows. You go to new depths every day to try and justify your agenda.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
You can tell the issue where no one actually wants to discuss the Leafs or their roster in 2021 LOL. What does last year prove? Or the year before?

Reactions: AvroArrow

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
You can tell the issue where no one actually wants to discuss the Leafs or their roster in 2021 LOL. What does last year prove? Or the year before?

lmao right ? It's like saying "Ha Tampa is so garbage, swept in the first round by the 8th seed last year what makes you think they can do anything in 2020 !" Such a dumb argument

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
You keep ignoring that you're comparing last years teams to this year, major flaw. I'll point it out once again, teams can change and actually become better. Young players can break out and become even better, as an Avs fan I assumed you'd know this by now. Also adding key players can make your team better. You keep comparing this years team to last years, they're not remotely the same.

Our D was

Rielly - Ceci - Holl - Muzzin (lost time to injury) - Marincin - Barrie - Dermott

Now it is, Rielly - Brodie - Muzzin - Holl (our most improved player hands down) - Dermott - Bogo.

That is a massive difference you keep ignoring. And the additions of Thornton, Simmonds (missed time due to injury but extremely effective in our top 6 when he was healthy) Matthews and Marner have taken their games to a whole new level and the argument can be made they are both playing even better than Mackinnon this year. You just live to shit on Toronto, it's no secret everyone here knows. You go to new depths every day to try and justify your agenda.

How can you prove you are "better" when your competition is only six other teams that weren't good last year versus in a normal season when you face every team at least twice. Also over the course of the offseason, your competition could have gotten even worse. We don't have any way of knowing so I'm taking the conservative approach and say they are the same.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
lmao right ? It's like saying "Ha Tampa is so garbage, swept in the first round by the 8th seed last year what makes you think they can do anything in 2020 !" Such a dumb argument

It's such a bad argument. Codi Ceci played almost the entire year on the top pair last year.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
How can you prove you are "better" when your competition is only six other teams that weren't good last year versus in a normal season when you face every team at least twice. Also over the course of the offseason, your competition could have gotten even worse. We don't have any way of knowing so I'm taking the conservative approach and say they are the same.

Because they added better players LOL.

We judge and predict teams based on rosters improvements even before a season begins, but we can't now because of the North? THe Leafs D is miles better than it's ben in years. How can anyone argue that? They are tested nightly against elite talent.

The North has a ton of talent.

I am still struggling to see how using last year's data is better because of the divsiion argument, while ignoring the fact the roster is vastly differnet,

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

Well Tampa had to prove it by winning the cup. The leafs haven't done it.

This is like the time when leaf fans started using st.louis as an example due to the coaching change and how they would make a run. Only to end up losing to the BJs and not even make the round of 16.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

By watching the team play and not just staring at last years record ? Looking at the defensive structure and each individual players skill/effort ?

Likewise over the course of the off season our competition could have gotten even better, just like most of HF agreed with Edmonton/Montreal voted as two of the most improved teams. You're taking the biased-anti leafs approach as usual. Anyone who's seen them play cannot suggest they are even in the same realm as last years team.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Well Tampa had to prove it by winning the cup. The leafs haven't done it.

This is like the time when leaf fans started using st.louis as an example due to the coaching change and how they would make a run. Only to end up losing to the BJs and not even make the round of 16.

So before the 2020 playoffs started you would have suggested Tampa is not a serious contender and they're a bad team because they just got swept by the lowest seed in the previous year ? Flawed argument, your bias is clear as day. Keep hating lol you have no rational argument.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
One thing that's for sure is that the Avs are paper tiger and suck real bad.

Real awful team.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
By watching the team play and not just staring at last years record ? Looking at the defensive structure and each individual players skill/effort ?

Likewise over the course of the off season our competition could have gotten even better, just like most of HF agreed with Edmonton/Montreal voted as two of the most improved teams. You're taking the biased-anti leafs approach as usual. Anyone who's seen them play cannot suggest they are even in the same realm as last years team.

I've been consistently right about the leafs by picking them to lose against BJ, lose against Boston 2x. I can back that up. It's not a biase if it's reflected in reality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad