incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
*chef's kiss*

images.jpeg

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Degrasse throwing shade on his coach like it was his fault he didn't do well. I have never thought Degrasse was fast and this Olympics prove it. He beat the field in Tokyo but his times were very average. This will be his last Olympics because I doubt he will be able to beat the upcoming talent.

Last edited:

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
Degrasse throwing shade on his coach like it was his fault he didn't do well. I have never thought Degrasse was fast and this Olympics prove it. He beat the field in Tokyo but his times were very average. This will be his last Olympics because I doubt he will be able to beat the upcoming talent.
The lawsuits against the coach that create a distraction are certainly the coach's fault

*sigh* No medals from women's pole vault either, though not unexpected considering the tough season Wilma's been having.
Being married to Fred would be exhausting

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
He got KTFO'd

Good news, that was incredibly scary

The Ethiopian athlete Lamecha Girma regained consciousness and was able to speak after a sickening fall in the Olympic 3,000m steeplechase final in Paris on Wednesday night.

The world record-holder hit his head on the track after clipping his knee on a barrier on the final lap of the race. He then lay motionless before being put in a neck brace and taken off on a stretcher by medics.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I thought Hall was shot....his face was in agony at the turn

Same, he looked dead at the 300m mark. Incredible second wind.

Alright, an American, Rooks, gets silver in the steeplechase.

Hope the guy that fell is okay.

Based off the dramatic US finishes lately, I almost expected him to pull out the win during the final lap.

Good news, that was incredibly scary

The Ethiopian athlete Lamecha Girma regained consciousness and was able to speak after a sickening fall in the Olympic 3,000m steeplechase final in Paris on Wednesday night.

The world record-holder hit his head on the track after clipping his knee on a barrier on the final lap of the race. He then lay motionless before being put in a neck brace and taken off on a stretcher by medics.

Horrifying stuff. You wouldn't have known watching it on TV. I can't imagine what it was like being at the stadium -- guy goes down, and there's an exciting finish, but you can still see the guy isn't moving...what an experience that would've been in every sense of the word.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Canada's entire track team has been brutal these Olympics. Do these athletes even get any funding? Because it's downright embarrassing how bad they do. Even our "medal hopefuls" like Degrasse can't even make it to the finals, let alone actually win a medal.

If they start handing out medals for finishing in 5th or 6th place in the semis, we'll absolutely kill it.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Same, he looked dead at the 300m mark. Incredible second wind.

Based off the dramatic US finishes lately, I almost expected him to pull out the win during the final lap.

Horrifying stuff. You wouldn't have known watching it on TV. I can't imagine what it was like being at the stadium -- guy goes down, and there's an exciting finish, but you can still see the guy isn't moving...what an experience that would've been in every sense of the word.

Good thing it was on the final lap, too.....what would they have done if there were still two laps to go but they had a medical emergency directly behind one of the hurdles, with a badly injured runner that couldn't be moved in time?

Glad he's alright at least.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Canada's entire track team has been brutal these Olympics. Do these athletes even get any funding? Because it's downright embarrassing how bad they do. Even our "medal hopefuls" like Degrasse can't even make it to the finals, let alone actually win a medal.

If they start handing out medals for finishing in 5th or 6th place in the semis, we'll absolutely kill it.
I think we are in between generations.. It doesn't make sense, I know, but its the best excuse I got man.

Hopefully the 4 x 100 is still a possibility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad