Olympics: Athletics/track & field

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
100M is always my favorite event of the Olympics.

As a Canadian - I can't wait to see DeGrasse, and hope he finds a way to win gold. 200M as well.

I think he's being a little overlooked in these olympics, and he's certainly no longer the top favorite, but he has a track record of performing on the big stage.

I'm excited.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

As a Canadian - I can't wait to see DeGrasse, and hope he finds a way to win gold. 200M as well.

I think he's being a little overlooked in these olympics, and he's certainly no longer the top favorite, but he has a track record of performing on the big stage.

I'm excited.
The Mullet Man in Hammer Throw is your gold favorite.

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

I'm excited.
I have doubts Andre De Grasse can even medal in these Olymipcs. He has ran poorly this season and has only broke 9.90 (9.89) once in his career. I'm thinking the top 3 are going to be bellow 9.85 or at least around there come finals.

The top 9 fastest time this year have all been under 9.90 with 4 sub 9.83. De Grasse's fastest time was 10:00.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I have doubts Andre De Grasse can even medal in these Olymipcs. He has ran poorly this season and has only broke 9.90 (9.89) once in his career. I'm thinking the top 3 are going to be bellow 9.85 or at least around there come finals.

The top 9 fastest time this year have all been under 9.90 with 4 sub 9.83. De Grasse's fastest time was 10:00.

Yeah I get all of that. Like I said, he's not exactly a favorite, but to his credit he has performed great and medaled in every olympic event he's competed in in the past when he also wasn't exactly a favorite. Has a tendency to go big on the biggest stage, so I have hope he has some magic left for this year.

Also - didn't he also have a bad year going into the previous Olympics too? Maybe coming off an injury or such? I could be mis-remembering, but I seem to remember something like that.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Yeah I get all of that. Like I said, he's not exactly a favorite, but to his credit he has performed great and medaled in every olympic event he's competed in in the past when he also wasn't exactly a favorite. Has a tendency to go big on the biggest stage, so I have hope he has some magic left for this year.

Also - didn't he also have a bad year going into the previous Olympics too? Maybe coming off an injury or such? I could be mis-remembering, but I seem to remember something like that.
All you have to do is have a bad day and you don't get a medal at the Olympics.

I will look for him.

I saw the US Trials on TV. They have a strong sprinter team this year. They may get two medals in the 100 Meter Dash.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Mixed 4x400m, 1st heat, US sets a new WR...

I think this could fall in the next heat again possibly and then again in the final

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Crouser starts with a throw over 22m, looks good. His first throw was farther than his gold medal winning throw in Rio.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Crouser has the three farthest throws so far. Maybe give him the gold, silver, and the bronze?

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Everyone stepping out now that is raining. Nobodies going to gain anymore distance at this point
Yeah, not as if anyone was beating Crouser anyway but it will be hard for anyone to improve on their own throws now.

It’s like a skating rink.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The shootput ring is dangerously slippy now.

They have to suspend the shotput final and dry up the ring.

Fabbri and the Nigerian should be allowed to retake their attempts.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
They really should have a better way of managing this situation. You would think they could even put up an awning over the ring that would keep it dry.

Wow, Kovacs comes up with a great throw. Might get him a medal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad