ATD 2024 (sign-up thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Let's consider placating the trade and anti-trade crowd by letting everyone make 3 trades.
Or start a poll to add another option.

My preference would be as follows:

Have the usual trades vs. no trades poll, which can be started now and go through when the sign-up period ends.

If trades win, then another poll can be made for no. of trades allowed, something with a short window for voting so it doesn't hold up the start of the draft.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I have to say, it's really refreshing to see new new faces joining the fold after all these years. Gives me real hope the original ATD can muster on for many years to come.

As far as trades go, with the new arrivals, I think I'd like to vote no again. We've had no trade drafts recently and they were, compared to those where trading has been allowed, been an absolute breeze, especially as the person who's managed the picks and updated the draft board.

Let's keep it no trades, full sets of picks can be swapped before the draft, and then go with the standard layout.

Reactions: Hawkey Town 18

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have to say, it's really refreshing to see new new faces joining the fold after all these years. Gives me real hope the original ATD can muster on for many years to come.

As far as trades go, with the new arrivals, I think I'd like to vote no again. We've had no trade drafts recently and they were, compared to those where trading has been allowed, been an absolute breeze, especially as the person who's managed the picks and updated the draft board.

Let's keep it no trades, full sets of picks can be swapped before the draft, and then go with the standard layout.

I would also vote for no trades, seems like a poll is warranted, especially since that is standard pre-draft procedure anyway. I will create one to help out.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Would love to take part in this - put me down for the Hamilton Tigers.

First time taking part in one of these on this site, do we pick players based on full career or based on their peak (i.e., best 10 year window)?

Never played before and probably in over my head, but excited to learn from you all and have some fun.

I'll take Detroit Vipers, please.

I'll try as Drumheller Dinosaurs

If any of the new GMs would like some General Advice before the draft starts, please feel free to PM me.
For some background, I've been participating since 2011 and even managed to get lucky and win it once.

Reactions: VanIslander

Hitru

Jan 17, 2019
I picked McD at pick 40+ last year and got shade from some managers. Will pick him earlier this year

Elvis P

Chips from the chocolate fireball
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I want to see Gretzky-McDavid 1-2 punch! But yeah, that would be absolutely surreal if you guys got the #1 again lol.
Each "roll of the die" is independent of the past or the future. Every year you "roll the die" your chance of getting the first pick are the same as everyone else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad