OT: Association Football Thread III (All Soccer Talk Here!)

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
So tomorrow may be the most momentous day in world football history. Just look at all the nations who are facing elimination. Never before, hopefully not never again. Every Euro should run concurrently with Western Hemisphere championship.

Reactions: Brief Candle

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
So tomorrow may be the most momentous day in world football history. Just look at all the nations who are facing elimination. Never before, hopefully not never again. Every Euro should run concurrently with Western Hemisphere championship.
I *love* hockey, but there's only one sport I love more than hockey, and it's futbol. This has been phenomenal. Nothing but futbol all day. There are FIVE games today I want to watch. I love this.

Just think, then we have Olympics starting on the 24th!

This is a great summer!

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I *love* hockey, but there's only one sport I love more than hockey, and it's futbol. This has been phenomenal. Nothing but futbol all day. There are FIVE games today I want to watch. I love this.

This is a great summer!

I wish hockey had the kind of level of international tournaments that association football does.

Champions leagues where clubs from any of the big 5 can win any given year, and just so many strong nations that there are great best-on-best national team tournaments, not just "Can anyone beat Canada or the Soviet Union"

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
England, especially Bellingham and Kane, taking some serious diving lessons from the Italians and the Spaniards I see.

Reactions: JCProdigy

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

This is a great summer!
We’re in a real talent lull for soccer right now. A lot of historically strong countries are really mid. And with Messi and Ronaldo nearing the end there’s a real greatness gap

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
England sucks. I support Italy (behind the USMNT) and I remember thinking, man, Italy is mid as shit, but that side of the bracket is easy as f***. England is making it look like a real gauntlet. Their luck will run out soon enough.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
We’re in a real talent lull for soccer right now. A lot of historically strong countries are really mid. And with Messi and Ronaldo nearing the end there’s a real greatness gap
What's funny is that while losing Messi and Di Maria soon hurts, I actually think Argentina is headed for a golden era. I follow the domestic league there obsessively, and they young talent coming out of just my team alone is insane. Dare I say I'm not worried about the future? Maybe...

Man did he look like a whiny, see you next Tuesday, all game.
Netherlands should make easy work of England. I truly believe Netherlands and France are a different level of football, especially when they HAVE to be. Hell, I think Turkey could have easily handled England.

Reactions: CasusBelli

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
What's funny is that while losing Messi and Di Maria soon hurts, I actually think Argentina is headed for a golden era. I follow the domestic league there obsessively, and they young talent coming out of just my team alone is insane. Dare I say I'm not worried about the future? Maybe...

Netherlands should make easy work of England. I truly believe Netherlands and France are a different level of football, especially when they HAVE to be. Hell, I think Turkey could have easily handled England.
I’m mostly worried about Spain. Netherlands should handle the France we’ve seen this tournament. The Orange Machine’s best hope is that Spain’s suspensions prove too much against France. Then Holland should take it all. If Spain gets past France, though, I’m readying myself for another 2012 heartbreak between those two teams.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
1_PAY-Spain-Soccer-Messi-and-Lamine-Yamal-24190447294528.jpg

Here's a picture of the GOAT when he was a bit younger at the start of his journey.

....oh Leo Messi is also in the pic.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Anyone who says anything bad about England can go f*** themselves. Twice.

The whole f***ing country has been shut down since about noon here and some of the parties are wild and have been for hours. Most of us in our little village are out at the pubs or our local football club and it's like a zombie f***ing apocalypse or the lockdown - not a single car on the road. There's nothing like it in the US.

Reactions: Ratelleitlikeitis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad