As of right now Norris will play tonight

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
The picture of Norris all crushed and slumped holding his shoulder as he blew out his shoulder again (his 3rd total) last year is still fresh in my mind. Having said that, if he is structurally sound and medically cleared, it's a matter of time before he contributes offensively. He can still skate like the wind and back check, he is a smart hockey player.

Just not sure if either of Norris' current linemates (Batherson or Kubalik) are capable of helping him with faceoffs. The old school have your best face-off guy win the faceoff and switch with the actual centre is no longer much used in the game that is faster and the competition much stronger than in the past. Both Giroux and Tkachuk are winger, and we don't need the line get stuck with no centres should the other team win. Or be stuck with Norris being in bench while Kastelic or Chartier plays his minutes.

Which is where, temporarily as I like their Tka-Stu-G chemistry-dominance, I would like to put Tkachuk with old mates Norris and Batherson. Tkachuk can take face offs and has chemistry with this pair as well. Until Norris is taking face offs. Kubalik may not be the worst idea with Stu and G as proven by his track record of scoring with good linemates/line drivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad