Artemi Panarin now Vs Peak Peter Forsberg?

which player is the best one Artemi Panarin now or Peter Forsberg in his peak?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
There’s only one player in the world at the moment who I’d consider taking over peak Forsberg and his name is not Artemi.

And even then, I’d have to think about. If you had to win a playoff series right here right now, I’m taking peak Forsberg over anyone currently.

6zag

Apr 30, 2016
I love you Artemiy, but I'd take a healthy prime Forsberg.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Yeah peak Forsberg was something else. I think he's one of the most overrated players on HF at-times, but that tends to be in regards to prime, or length of peak (ie - he didn't play full seasons, or often enough at that level).

But at his actual peak? Definitely him. He's also a playoff beast at his peak. And a 2-way force.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Yeah peak Forsberg was something else. I think he's one of the most overrated players on HF at-times, but that tends to be in regards to prime, or length of peak (ie - he didn't play full seasons, or often enough at that level).

But at his actual peak? Definitely him. He's also a playoff beast at his peak. And a 2-way force.

Well, he was 2nd in the NHL in points per game in the regular season and playoffs during the first 11 years of his career (excluding Lemieux), while being a dominant two-way and physical player. The full season thing is legit though.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
We're talking Peak Forsberg... It's him easily.

Peak Forsberg would be top two in the league.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
It's obviously Forsberg, but it's comments like that that make you realize how overrated he has become on these boards.

Peak Forsberg wasn't even better than a old broken Lemieux coming out of retirement. Forsberg isn't close to Lemieux.

Except he most definitely was. I could use that false opinion of yours to just as easily state Forsberg has become underrated. No he wasn't Lemieux at his peak, but he was a better player than 35+ Lemieux. Any shortened season point totals Lemieux had at that point were nearly equaled by Forsberg except with far less powerplay time (where Lemieux scored over half his points) and while being an infinitely better two-way player and actually dominating in the playoffs as opposed to 17 points in 18 games with little to no defensive play.

Reactions: Voight

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Peak Forsberg is better than almost anyone in the NHL right now let alone a guy who is borderline in the top 5.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's not as lopsided as people in this thread will say. I think "Peak Forsberg" is a confection of different Forsbergs that HF made up who was both healthy AND in his absolute prime. That guy never played.

His actual peak of 106 DPE points is legitimately one of the best seasons in NHL history, though.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Yeah, I think this is what I'm pretty much saying.

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
It's obviously Forsberg, but it's comments like that that make you realize how overrated he has become on these boards.

Peak Forsberg wasn't even better than a old broken Lemieux coming out of retirement. Forsberg isn't close to Lemieux.

I didn’t even put Forsberg at Lemieux’s level, and it’s not like his peak spans his whole career. What an obnoxious reply.

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007
Except he most definitely was. I could use that false opinion of yours to just as easily state Forsberg has become underrated. No he wasn't Lemieux at his peak, but he was a better player than 35+ Lemieux. Any shortened season point totals Lemieux had at that point were nearly equaled by Forsberg except with far less powerplay time (where Lemieux scored over half his points) and while being an infinitely better two-way player and actually dominating in the playoffs as opposed to 17 points in 18 games with little to no defensive play.

My opinion isn't false, it's an..."opinion", therefore open to subjective interpretation.

First season coming back, 76 points in 43 games, 1.72 PPG. Forsberg that season, 1.2 PPG, finishing with only 13 more points with 27 more games played. Forsberg was definitely not better than Lemieux that season, in his first season post retirement. 2001-2002 Forsberg doesn't play, Lemieux only plays only 24 games and scores 31 points, still above PPG. 2002-2003, Lemieux scores 91 points at 1.35 PPG, Forsberg scores 55 points over 39 games at 1.4 PPG.

If you take Forsberg's best season in his career, or even his best PPG season it's still below Lemieux's PPG in his first season, post retirement, as a broken old man.

So yeah, "maybe" peak Forsberg was a "little" better than old broken Mario, but not by much, and certainly not close enough to make Forsberg "almost" Lemieux. That's just laughable. Yeah he was strong on the puck and played a strong two-way game, but it's very debatable whether even peak Forsberg was better than broken old post retirement Mario, if he was better at all. The point of my post was that Forsberg was never close to Lemieux; the closest he got was when Mario was old and broken, and it's debatable if even peak Forsberg was better than that. And I love Forsberg, he's one of my favorite players ever, but damn.

Let's not even talk about prime Lemieux, Forsberg is not even anywhere close to that at any point in his career.

Last edited:

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007
I didn’t even put Forsberg at Lemieux’s level, and it’s not like his peak spans his whole career. What an obnoxious reply.

You literally said "almost" Lemieux, and that's just false. The only thing obnoxious here is stating that Forsberg was "almost" Lemieux, because he was never close.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
My opinion isn't false, it's an..."opinion", therefore open to subjective interpretation.

First season coming back, 76 points in 43 games, 1.72 PPG. Forsberg that season, 1.2 PPG, finishing with only 13 more points with 27 more games played. Forsberg was definitely not better than Lemieux that season, in his first season post retirement. 2001-2002 Forsberg doesn't play, Lemieux only plays only 24 games and scores 31 points, still above PPG. 2002-2003, Lemieux scores 91 points at 1.35 PPG, Forsberg scores 55 points over 39 games at 1.4 PPG.

If you take Forsberg's best season in his career, or even his best PPG season it's still below Lemieux's PPG in his first season, post retirement, as a broken old man.

So yeah, "maybe" peak Forsberg was a "little" better than old broken Mario, but not by much, and certainly not close enough to make Forsberg "almost" Lemieux. That's just laughable. Yeah he was strong on the puck and played a strong two-way game, but it's very debatable whether even peak Forsberg was better than broken old post retirement Mario, if he was better at all. The point of my post was that Forsberg was never close to Lemieux; the closest he got was when Mario was old and broken, and it's debatable if even peak Forsberg was better than that. And I love Forsberg, he's one of my favorite players ever, but damn.

Let's not even talk about prime Lemieux, Forsberg is not even anywhere close to that at any point in his career.

Talk about laughable, you just left out Forsberg's entire 2002-03 season for some reason, where had a 47 game streak of 78 points, coming off of a 27 points in 20 games playoff run. Your point is wrong like I said.

Reactions: Voight

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007
Talk about laughable, you just left out Forsberg's entire 2002-03 season for some reason, where had a 47 game streak of 78 points, coming off of a 27 points in 20 games playoff run. Your point is wrong like I said.

I think you don't understand what subjective opinions are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia