Player Discussion Artem Anisimov (C)

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
This is great.

Both players are bad, but Smith is worse and it saves dollars.

There's an added plus that Smith is gone since he is one of the laziest players on the ice game after game for Ottawa. Not a guy I want to mentor anyone. Anisimov is probably just as lazy but no one here is going to put him on a pedestal as a "core veteran". He'll just be another guy.

I imagine come trade deadline 2021, he'll a somewhat valuable piece to flip. 2nd rounder type of value if things don't go tits up.

Boro next please.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Another classic Gene cost saving trade with the twist appearing to have the very slightly better player actually coming to Ottawa for a change....allthough I suspect as has been alluded, that an inevitable pick will be attached to him prior to next years signing bonus when hes shipped back out the turnstile, similar to Xerxes feelings towards the Spartan uprising in 300, id imagine signing bonuses send a very human like shiver down the owners spine!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I hope he has a decent season with lots of opportunity so they can move him. Have to wait and see how much he impacts icetime for others or who he be a fit with.

He automagically becomes our #1C? 31 y/o
2018-19Chicago BlackhawksNHL78152237
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
White * rookie
2018-19Ottawa SenatorsNHL71142741
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: derriko

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sold to the man in checked suit

"Artem is a big, competitive centre with excellent hands and playmaking ability," said general manager Pierre Dorion. "He plays a 200-foot game and will contribute to our depth on both special teams. We're acquiring an experienced player who can score and at the same time is responsible in his own zone. We really like how he will fit with the makeup of our team."

Be positive. Its a huge upgrade. :/

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I only read the first two pages but the folks on the Chicago board are pretty pleased with this trade. There's not a lot of love for Ansimov who they consider to be soft and weak defensively. They welcome the grit Smith will bring.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Murray Pam is mistaken that he’s our default number 1 now. I see all 4 of White, Anisimov, Tierney, Pageau slotted accordingly, but really executing by committee in terms of ice time. Unless Tierney is moved.

Tkachuk Anisimov Batherson would be an interesting line. I like White in the middle for an all kid line, but also want D.J. to experiment.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Murray Pam is mistaken that he’s our default number 1 now. I see all 4 of White, Anisimov, Tierney, Pageau slotted accordingly, but really executing by committee in terms of ice time. Unless Tierney is moved.

Tkachuk Anisimov Batherson would be an interesting line. I like White in the middle for an all kid line, but also want D.J. to experiment.
I like White's speed and tenacity and willingness to battle with Tkachuk... I get Anisimov may have a playmaking edge and have better hands but he has to produce more to warrant displacing White.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I can't believe anyone who's watched Smith play the last two seasons thinks Anisimov is a "slight upgrade" over him.

Even if AA's numbers have dwindled, he's still so much more dynamic on the ice, and can still score goals, which is something Zacky boy has completely forgotten.

Sure, it's not a huge upgrade, but the fact that we upgraded at that position at all for ZACK SMITH is unbelievable. The guy CLEARED WAIVERS last year lol. He's become a liability on the ice. Chicago will probably waive him themselves before season starts.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Anisimov isn't dropping White down the depth chart, but it would be interesting to see where Brown fits in all this.

White is the de facto #1 centre. He will get most centre minutes and will likely be centering Tkachuk.

I think Pageau will be the next veteran out, Boro will be the new face of the franchise as the last man standing and the Sens crest will be re-designed to look like a Boro Melnyk love child.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

That may be how they are slotted, but I think Pageau will get a lot of ice time and be more used as the 3C shutdown guy.

I think it's smart bringing in a vet to help the centre depth, but I am a little worried Anisimov shits the bed for us over the next few seasons the way Boedker has.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Most GM's would bet on their team. Pierre didn't because it wasn't his team.

He did bet on the team. Look at the Duchene trade. That's one of the biggest (and most misguided) bets any GM has made on their team in a long while.

Look at all of our moves dating back to when Dorion took over. He was incredibly aggressive adding players who he perceived could help now at the expense of the future. Everything revolved around the Karlsson, Stone, Turris, Hoffman, etc RFA contracts ending at relatively the same time.

The point is, our rebuild happened because of money. There was no way to keep our guys under our extremely restrictive budget and be competitive. Too many guys needed raises at the same time and there was too much bad money already on the books.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Anisimov isn't dropping White down the depth chart, but it would be interesting to see where Brown fits in all this.

White is the de facto #1 centre. He will get most centre minutes and will likely be centering Tkachuk.

I think it's entirely possible that Anisimov gets the #1 center spot and 1st unit PP time.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
All NHL GMs are dumb

My favorite statement coming from a random poster on an Internet website

Lol Doh-rion and his diarrhea of the mouth.

I’m the farthest from what you could call a Dorion fan (except his work as a pure scout) but is it his fault if fans are extremely gullible? Of course nobody is going to let you know what will happen through the medias. Sens decisions are made to satisfy the bottom line but rarely it’s going to make fans happy so don’t expect them to let you know in advance.

I find it actually shocking to read such comments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad