Around the NHL XV: Something, Something, Playoffs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Nice work by Tampa. Shutting out Detroit makes me like their chances against Montreal too, though I wouldn't want to jinx anything (too late)

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I like Tampa's chances against Montreal. They'll have to be much better defensively than they we're against us to contain all that fire power. They also have a big and mobile defense which will make it hard for the few Montreal players that can actually score. The only thing about Tampa is whether of not Bishop can hold strong. He's been very average in the Detroit series so he'll have to pick up from his last game in the series and keep that up against Montreal.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I like Tampa's chances against Montreal. They'll have to be much better defensively than they we're against us to contain all that fire power. They also have a big and mobile defense which will make it hard for the few Montreal players that can actually score. The only thing about Tampa is whether of not Bishop can hold strong. He's been very average in the Detroit series so he'll have to pick up from his last game in the series and keep that up against Montreal.

The nice thing for Bishop about playing Montreal is that you don't need your goaltenders to steal games vs their offence, you need to gameplan entirely around beating Price and breaking up the effective tight defensive shell they use sometimes when they're feeling pressured. If they can't crack Price, it won't matter how good Bishop is.

If they can score 3 goals a game, they'll take the series in 5 or 6 games. Anything less, and Montreal has a real shot at a conference championship.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
If Tampa wants to get past Montreal they better hope that Stamkos shows up. 3 assists is not good enough for one of the best players in the league.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Here's hoping Tampa knocks Montreal out this round. You'd think they're going to look to settle the score from last year since everyone's healthy.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The nice thing for Bishop about playing Montreal is that you don't need your goaltenders to steal games vs their offence, you need to gameplan entirely around beating Price and breaking up the effective tight defensive shell they use sometimes when they're feeling pressured. If they can't crack Price, it won't matter how good Bishop is.

If they can score 3 goals a game, they'll take the series in 5 or 6 games. Anything less, and Montreal has a real shot at a conference championship.

That's what bothers me

Montreal dictates the term of the series from the get go, that's pretty damn impressive

I was not impressed by Tampa whatsoever, I'd be surprised if they can beat Montreal

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
So Flames series win bumps us up 1 spot in the draft? Go Flames then I guess?

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
That's what bothers me

Montreal dictates the term of the series from the get go, that's pretty damn impressive

I was not impressed by Tampa whatsoever, I'd be surprised if they can beat Montreal

Of course they can beat Montreal. Montreal was not that impressive in round 1.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Of course they can beat Montreal. Montreal was not that impressive in round 1.

They've won the 5 games against Montreal this season, outscored them 21-8 during those games. Montreal's save percentage during those games was .899.

Habs will have some work to do, because this season they we're just not able to contain Tampa's forwards and they we're not able to score like usual.

21 goals in 5 games, thats 5 goals per game for Tampa.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
They've won the 5 games against Montreal this season, outscored them 21-8 during those games. Montreal's save percentage during those games was .899.

Habs will have some work to do, because this season they we're just not able to contain Tampa's forwards and they we're not able to score like usual.

I'm just quoting this because I love reading it.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

We owned Montreal in the regular season, didn't do much good

Regular season series between Ottawa and Toronto in 2002 anyone? Who wants to revisit that humiliation?

Tampa, like the Rangers aren't playing all that well and I don't see them advancing unless they kick it up a notch

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
We owned Montreal in the regular season, didn't do much good

Regular season series between Ottawa and Toronto in 2002 anyone? Who wants to revisit that humiliation?

Tampa, like the Rangers aren't playing all that well and I don't see them advancing unless they kick it up a notch

We played Tokarski twice. As far as I have read, Price was in net for every game this season against them?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Cluuuuuutch

Washington is taking that series, the Rangers are just not gelling

Boyle might be hurt too, dropped like a rock there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad