Around the NHL V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I'm not saying we can't do it again or it didn't work the way we wanted, but if you make rules to try and gain an advantage and they still end up beating you...and everyone else....they have the right to talk smack to you.

I don't think it's trying to GAIN an advantage, it's trying to KEEP the advantage, and, for the most part it worked. As far as our home games, we won the majority of them and our only loss was in a triple overtime game that we should have won. Our away games and lack of experience were the difference in this match up.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Well, whatever you want to call it.....keeping it a home crowd and keeping the juice in the arena is an advantage. Again, I'm not saying it didn't work, but if there's a team that tries to ban Preds fans from an arena in the playoffs and we end up winning anyway, I'm laughing in their faces.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Meanwhile Drake, looks like our Chargers are fixin to be a bigger joke than the Titans. Share a stadium with the Raiders? NFL is losing me....

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Well, whatever you want to call it.....keeping it a home crowd and keeping the juice in the arena is an advantage. Again, I'm not saying it didn't work, but if there's a team that tries to ban Preds fans from an arena in the playoffs and we end up winning anyway, I'm laughing in their faces.

If Nashville fans are ever banned from an arena that WOULD be a surprise. :laugh:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Meanwhile Drake, looks like our Chargers are fixin to be a bigger joke than the Titans. Share a stadium with the Raiders? NFL is losing me....
It's a joke and the team isn't being honest about their intentions to stay in SD. It's really hard to get excited for this season.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This is why teams should not draft players bound for college.
We've drafted a ton of NCAA guys over the years (Howson was particularly fond of it) and this is the first time it's happened to us. It's irritating, but, meh.

Also, Joey clearly knows his fanbase:

:laugh: :thumbu:

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Social media makes it so much easier to be an azzhat. Are the hawks fans trolling other teams' FB accounts/message boards? If they are, then it's a collective sign of immaturity and bad manners. If it is just ours then it's because we repelled their invasion. How dare we, lil ole Nashville prohibit the all mighty hawks fans from showing their ***** in our barn.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
The problem isn't drafting college players, it's the stupid loophole that should be closed immediately regardless of whether it was collectively bargained or not.

The problem is drafting college players. They should have to wait until AFTER they finish to be drafted.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I don't think home ice advantage exists for the team, but it sure does for the fans. What the front office did during the playoffs was brilliant, effective, and totally justified. Hope they do it for all games against them going forward.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't think home ice advantage exists for the team, but it sure does for the fans. What the front office did during the playoffs was brilliant, effective, and totally justified. Hope they do it for all games against them going forward.

Yep. Last I looked the team is called the Nashville Predators. The owners should be catering to it's Nashville fans and local area. If they were sitting with a half empty house it would be different.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I went to games 1,2, and 5. In game 1, there were 5 Blackhawk fans behind me (directly), and 2 sitting beside me. The entire first period during the Predators explosion, they were cursing, openly dropping the f'bomb. Telling fans to sit down. Telling fans that they could "stand up win you win a cup," etc.

This is why as a Predator fan, you can't really be upset that the Predators tried to isolate this. Because it does matter in the playoffs. Those fans were awful. They spilled beer, cursed, and were a nuisance. They weren't over the line (as in kick them out of the game / law breaking / fights / etc.) I'm not saying that, but if you were a Nashville Predator fan, you left the game bitter at the loss but even more bitter that you had to endure 80 minutes of heckling in Nashville from some drunk Chicago fans.

To those who don't think it matters, it does. I hate to say that, but it does. Oh well. It is the world we live in. I'm sure Blackhawk fans would feel the same in reverse. Certainly it appears Tampa Bay did.

Last edited:

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
They aren't the first team to have their fans be restricted in attempts to buy tickets at road arenas and they won't be the last. It's just that their particular bandwagon has become large and ******* enough to be a public nuisance. I don't recall anyone up there having a problem with teams doing it before, but now that it affects them, they suddenly they are all upset about it.

If the Preds want to implement the same policy for the regular season I would love it.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Im not going to link it because I don't want to encourage hits but Burnside made a list of teams who could knock off the Blackhawks next year and he included the Wild(does he really think Dubnyk will be that good again for a whole season?), the Blues(who were arguably even more disappointing than we were this year) and... the Bruins(WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot?)

of course no mention of nashville...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Im not going to link it because I don't want to encourage hits but Burnside made a list of teams who could knock off the Blackhawks next year and he included the Wild(does he really think Dubnyk will be that good again for a whole season?), the Blues(who were arguably even more disappointing than we were this year) and... the Bruins(WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot?)

of course no mention of nashville...

http://www.donotlink.com/dnl/faq

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
That's okay Volde. You see what happened last year--we were supposed to end up last. They don't have a clue and a lot of times, neither do the teams. Such a lot depends on chemistry and health of the team. Last year I thought the Blue Jackets would be where we turned out to be and I am perennially wrong on it finally being the Blues year. My track record is no better than most people who are paid to make prognostications. Granted, I thought the Preds would end up in the top 8 so I did beat them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad