Around the NHL: The 2024 NHL Playoff Thread

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
How does a team impose it's style of play on an opponent when the coach can't even figure out what style of play he wants to implement?
The only imposing I recall was on fans, in my case "good old reliable drop pass and then stand still at the line" entry scheme on the power play. Those empty calories starved me for a couple of seasons.

Reactions: sabremike

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
This article has some great quotes about the Tkachuk - Pastrnak fight.

Tkachuk said, smiling. “I don’t know, I guess I wanted in on the action. I asked him to fight. He said, ‘We’ll do it next game.’ I’m like, ‘Maybe we should just do it right now.’ He’s like, ‘Alright, I’m going out next shift.’

“Give him tons of respect. Those are two guys that aren’t known for fighting — me and him — and two players that are probably known more for the offensive side of the game.”

Tkachuk: "Both emotional guys that are leaders for our teams that really just want to show we’ll do whatever it takes to win. We weren’t going out there to play patty-cake or anything. We were going out there to have some fun in the fight and, I don’t know, try to land some punches.”

Tkachuk is a lot more experienced dropping the gloves than Pastrnak, but he quipped that he doesn’t like to fight because his brother, Ottawa’s Brady Tkachuk, and father, former NHLer Keith Tkachuk, “say I’m not very good at it.”

Tkachuk’s father was actually at the game and looked fired up after the fight. But when his son got the boot with an accompanying 10-minute misconduct, Matthew said his dad “was just excited that he got to leave early. I think he was ready to get out of there.”

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
There are reasons Boston is the team that they are and it's because of things like this.
I’ve said as much this past month. The Sabres have too many players that are afraid to step out of their comfort zone the way Pasta did last night.

Even though the Bruins lost, they also showed why they are a winning organization.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Carolina is 0-15 on the PP this series.

Will not be hard to figure out why they didn’t make it out of round 2.

The sabres need to demand compensation for the hurricanes stealing the sabres power play. Is Matt Ellis consulting down there?
Teams with Buffalo players are tearing it up.

Carolina has our PP instead.

• Haha
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Carolina ties it with the goalie pulled. They pulled the goalie with control of the puck in their own end…instead of waiting for seven full shifts of control of it behind the opponents net…but that’s none of my business.

Reactions: sabremike

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Playoff overtime vs the game I actually want to watch, again.

Thankful for the intermission at least...

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Carolina is on sweep watch. At least Andersen will be rested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad