Around the NHL: The 2024 NHL Playoff Thread

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I like Yeti as much as I liked Kraken which is not at all so that's what will win.

And this is from someone who has spent WAY too much on Yeti coolers and mugs.
I need a yeti for my smoked bbq. Are they really worth the money?

I have to be honest, I don't mind the b's getting DESTROYED!
They’ve done their job by handing the leafs their first round exit. I am back to hating them again, myself.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I need a yeti for my smoked bbq. Are they really worth the money?

Yes. They have a five year warranty and keep stuff cold forever. We take the Yeti backpack cooler everywhere.

I also have the beer can cooler. I've put a cold Blue in one and then feel asleep and next morning it's still cold. We love them so much my wife and I got monogrammed ones for our bridal party as gifts.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Yes. They have a five year warranty and keep stuff cold forever. We take the Yeti backpack cooler everywhere.

I also have the beer can cooler. I've put a cold Blue in one and then feel asleep and next morning it's still cold. We love them so much my wife and I got monogrammed ones for our bridal party as gifts.
The monogrammed yetis is just incredible! Looks like I know what my next big purchase will be.

I was wondering when this would hit Twitter. Next comes the memes and gifs

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Utah Powder needs to be memed into existence for how stupid it is.

Swarm, Black Diamonds, Outlaws, and maybe Venom are the only half decent ones on there.
Venom is def a ECHL/AHL level name
Outlaws is the best of the bunch. HC would probably be "fine", but incredibly boring and vanilla for a new team. Utah Yeti would follow the Kraken's example of using a mythical creature.

Overall, pretty weak list.
They are essentially HC by default next season

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Panthers/Bruins very enjoyable. Reinhart got tossed and Pasternak was held harmless.

So Neanderthal Tkachuk called him out and punched him into next week.

LOTS of hate has developed here. Screw you bergman. Give me some real old fashioned playoff entertainment. lol

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Panthers/Bruins very enjoyable. Reinhart got tossed and Pasternak was held harmless.

So Neanderthal Tkachuk called him out and punched him into next week.

LOTS of hate has developed here. Screw you bergman. Give me some real old fashioned playoff entertainment. lol
Boston channeled old school and sent a message, Florida didn't back down one bit. You'll expect fireworks next game but as usual it'll be relatively tame

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
Venom is def a ECHL/AHL level name

They are essentially HC by default next season

For sure. And “Outlaws” screams arena football team to me.

Awful list of names but if I had to pick, Blizzard. Make the logo some kind of snow tornado, do some cool secondary patch stuff with ice/icicles. I’m a sucker for the winter aesthetic, though. I read elsewhere that Pioneers would be fitting given the state’s history. That could work. I want Canyons to work because I’m enamored with Utah’s otherworldly landscape (and in fact I’ll be honeymooning in Zion in a couple weeks). But it just doesn’t make a lot of sense.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Boston channeled old school and sent a message, Florida didn't back down one bit. You'll expect fireworks next game but as usual it'll be relatively tame
Yep. Boston did what old time watchers would expect them to do. And it didn't work out real well for them.

Pasternak answered the bell. And got his helmet handed to him.

Probably shouldn't have tussled with Reinhart earlier not expecting any consequences.

Yeah. I'm obviously biased here in the NHL modern era and still believe the Code matters....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad