Carrier/Erod/Okposo
Lemieux

Zadorov/Montour
McNabb/Myers
McCabe/Kulikov
Ruhwedel

Ullmark
Dell

Am I missing anyone? Does this team make the playoffs?
There's was better option than freaking Dell. Apart from that, good team.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's nice to laugh at TML, but is the roster KA has put together so far that much different? It doesn't have as many high-end guys, but is still just as weak and ill-prepared for playoff hockey.

Watch them deal Marner for Sorokin and improve both teams.

Last edited:

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
TBS's Pre-Post-Intermission presentations and game broadcasts are far more enjoyable for me than TNT's.

Listening to Henrik is a delight. Such thoughtful and insightful analysis. Total class act.

And Biz is the perfect characterization of a TML fan. I believe his pouting about his team's misfortunes is genuine. He should host his own TML You Tube channel.

TNT has Messier who I enjoy listening to even though Mark is a bit too wooden. Subban is just a clown act.

Can't stand listening to AJ Meleckyo (?) on TNT broadcasts. She grabs every pause to insert her comments. Frankly, she never shuts up.

Reactions: SharkInABoloTie

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
TBS's Pre-Post-Intermission presentations and game broadcasts are far more enjoyable for me than TNT's.

Listening to Henrik is a delight. Such thoughtful and insightful analysis. Total class act.

And Biz is the perfect characterization of a TML fan. I believe his pouting about his team's misfortunes is genuine. He should host his own TML You Tube channel.

TNT has Messier who I enjoy listening to even though Mark is a bit too wooden. Subban is just a clown act.

Can't stand listening to AJ Meleckyo (?) on TNT broadcasts. She grabs every pause to insert her comments. Frankly, she never shuts up.

I honestly think Biz is trolling Toronto

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I know the rangers are good, but how the hell did washington get into the playoffs?

Sabres were pretty clearly better, 2-0-1 vs WSH, with the loss being a game where we blew 2 leads and allowed them to tie the game with their goalie pulled.

A big difference is loser points. They got 5 more than us, which is most of the difference in the standings.

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Sabres were pretty clearly better, 2-0-1 vs WSH, with the loss being a game where we blew 2 leads and allowed them to tie the game with their goalie pulled.

A big difference is loser points. They got 5 more than us, which is most of the difference in the standings.
When you come up with a method to create artificial parity you end up allowing bad teams propped up by a gimmick to get into the playoffs over better ones who are promptly exposed once they get there.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
When you come up with a method to create artificial parity you end up allowing bad teams propped up by a gimmick to get into the playoffs over better ones who are promptly exposed once they get there.
The loser point wasn't to create artificial parity.

It was for entertainment purposes. It was introduced to boost overtime decisions.

Teams played not to lose the point and overtime was BORING.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
The loser point wasn't to create artificial parity.

It was for entertainment purposes. It was introduced to boost overtime decisions.

Teams played not to lose the point and overtime was BORING.
I'd say the way teams (coaches) approached OT due to the loser point is totally UNentertaining. The real reason is to keep more teams in the hunt late into the season so fans don't tune out and hurt ratings. It makes some games boring, while keeping fans interested into the last week.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
I think we could see Berube announced as Toronto head coach by next week.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I’m be always really liked and supported Keefe but even I have to admit that it’s time for them to move on. I can’t figure out who’s be better but there are endless possibilities

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Mitts getting some love that we all know he deserved.
I really wish someone would've asked:

"Kevyn, the center depth is now a major problem. Why were you stupid enough to trade Mitts, particularly for a guy whose stock has fallen off a cliff in a way reminiscent of Tyler Myers and is essentially a redundancy of what you already have?"

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
And we've seen how Treliving makes major changes. :biglaugh:
I was reallt happy they signed him and kept Keefe. The Leafs record at home in the playoffs over the last few years is awful, which reflects on Keefe not being able to matchup lines well.

Reactions: Chainshot

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Lehk is also such a perfect linemate match for Mittelstadt stylistically.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I was reallt happy they signed him and kept Keefe. The Leafs record at home in the playoffs over the last few years is awful, which reflects on Keefe not being able to matchup lines well.

Also Treliving copping to the board to keep the Big 4 instead of reshaping the roster so they have a real goalie or better defensemen is almost as bad as how he left the Flames.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad