Around the NHL: The 2024 NHL Playoff Thread

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
He didnt show any yearning for all his years here when he did f*** all besides take TPegs money. Most monotone useless Captain we ever had. Almost 7 minutes of ice time god damn what a stud he should lead a franchise.
This is such a venom filled rant directed at player that doesn’t deserve it. Okposo was one of the classier guys to play for this team. His work ethic was never an issue.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Old time hockey in LA tonight.

old time hockey.gif

Reactions: joshjull

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

It’s the playoffs. In real speed that’s a guy finishing a check on a guy. COULD they have called interference, sure but I’d say they could call interference on any finished check considering the timing.

If I’m the Rangers coaches, I’m telling Rempe to continue playing like that.

Reactions: Tatanka

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
This is such a venom filled rant directed at player that doesn’t deserve it. Okposo was one of the classier guys to play for this team. His work ethic was never an issue.
Yeah uhh Classy doesnt win games look how the players reacted to Skinners 1000th game and Okies. If Okie showed you work ethic you must not of worked a hard job a day in your life. I think you built up some fantasy in your head where he is superman or something because he wore his hat.
He was completely milquetoast and brought nothing to the table besides having his ineptitude rub off on all of our young players. Sorry i don't think that deserves praise.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Yeah uhh Classy doesnt win games look how the players reacted to Skinners 1000th game and Okies. If Okie showed you work ethic you must not of worked a hard job a day in your life. I think you built up some fantasy in your head where he is superman or something because he wore his hat.
He was completely milquetoast and brought nothing to the table besides having his ineptitude rub off on all of our young players. Sorry i don't think that deserves praise.
I don’t think you can question his work ethic on the ice. He put in an honest days work in his play on the ice. As someone that never liked him, I won’t question that.

What I will question is his leadership capabilities and if he was a good enough leader. Not being in the room, it’s tough for me to say with certainty if he was a bad one, but he was brought in the room from day one to be a leader of the room, and as a fan, the disorder and a lot of the issues that happened during his whole tenure here, could possibly be traced to said quality of locker room leadership.

If guys like Eichel, ROR, Bogo, and others were questioned on their qualities, Kyle deserves a lot of criticism as well and the fact that a lot of those issues continued when each and every single one of those players left while Kyle remained, I think it’s more than fair to look at him as a leader and question his effectiveness.

That’s not to say he deserves 100% blame, but he was paid for more than his work ethic, and I just don’t see the results of 8 years of his leadership capabilities as a success in anyway.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

One of the things in life that aggravates me more than anything at this point is when you see something happen and you KNOW what the result is going to be to where you want to scream DON'T DO THAT, the dumb person does it anyways and the result is every bit as bad as you could have possibly imagined. That trade is going to be another gigantic LOLCOW that gets hung around the neck of this organization.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
I don’t think you can question his work ethic on the ice. He put in an honest days work in his play on the ice. As someone that never liked him, I won’t question that.
Yeah i just don't buy that at all. Benson has put in more work in 1 season then Okie did in his whole tenure here.
People were still defending KO before we traded him because they have bias and blinders on when he really just didn't do much of anything.
I think its from left over guilt after his medical issues.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Yeah i just don't buy that at all. Benson has put in more work in 1 season then Okie did in his whole tenure here.
People were still defending KO before we traded him because they have bias and blinders on when he really just didn't do much of anything.
I think its from left over guilt after his medical issues.
I think that you’re seeing that Benson produced more results on the ice because of his talent level. Which even Benson had stretches where he disappeared at times with his results on the ice.

But in terms of working hard on the ice I believe Okposo didn’t quit.

Everything else you want to factor of being a productive player on the ice, such as on ice results, I would say Okposo wasn’t good enough. He was on a line that was known for low event hockey.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It’s the playoffs. In real speed that’s a guy finishing a check on a guy. COULD they have called interference, sure but I’d say they could call interference on any finished check considering the timing.

If I’m the Rangers coaches, I’m telling Rempe to continue playing like that.

Part of it is just how tall he is. But reputation at this point is someone who headhunts so I would expect some measure of review.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
If anyone is squeamish, don't go looking for the Dillon injury on Twitter.

I love Dillon, but damn did that backfire. Dude started it trying to get somethin going, then that happens. Hope he just needs stitches, although even the idea of putting a stitched hand in a hockey glove.. them things are Petri dishes.

Reactions: Chainshot

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Hoping for Boston to take a commanding 3-1 series lead. Toronto has played them well, but I think goaltending and special teams will be the difference.

Greenbud Kelly

Jul 31, 2023
Just watching guys like Eichel. Reinhart, Mitts, ROR, Kane, Montour etc. excel in these playoffs freaking stings.
Yes, me too.

Sorry to interrupt, I've been lurking these boards since the ESPN days but I never post (It's not my thing, but I enjoy reading). Quickly for context, I'm now 50 (!) and lifelong Sabres fan born in Mercy hospital and grew up in Rochester. Been in Alaska & now Maine for a long time (so I more than ever despise the Bruins and their fans but have a soft spot for Swayman especially since signing my son's jersey several years ago now).

But okay to reply to this post, I have been thinking this same thing since the playoffs started. And it really hit when I saw Hagel score that SH goal, my first thought of course was "I wonder what is going through Botterill's big head of his right now?"

I'm lazy (and drinking) so I haven't sat down and tried but maybe someone here would go all Down Goes Brown and you could probably get pretty close to a full roster of former Sabres and draft picks playing in the playoffs right now. And they might actually be pretty good?

Anyway, again sorry to bug you all but just needed some misery support from fellow fans when I came to the realization that I could put together a playoff team by just sitting here on my couch. And how angry I get that my beloved team has been so mismanaged for so long by simple, plain incompetence.

/rant

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Honestly might be the best thing that the leafs could do is lose this series and Marner implodes. They need to move him and his salary out elsewhere. Tavares off the books will be nice too

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Honestly might be the best thing that the leafs could do is lose this series and Marner implodes. They need to move him and his salary out elsewhere. Tavares off the books will be nice too
I think we need them to lose and double down on their current roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad