Around the NHL | PLAYOFF TIME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Seriously. I watch many other teams' games since I have Center Ice and I have never seen a broadcast that whines so much about non-calls or bad calls (like the one today where the Isles guy high-sticked his own guy and the Flyers were called for 4 minutes) every game. Their PBP guy whines about it and then they devote a segment to it during intermission. They act like they're the only team that gets screwed by the refs. I was half listening, but Bill Clement sounded like he was in favor of review for penalties like the high-sticking call.

Yesterday I read a Flyers fan saying that the NHL refs their team inconsistently because they're trying to punish the Flyers for the Broad Street Bullies years. It was just sad. One of the saddest things I've ever read online.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Did the Isles extend Lehner yet? What a pay off that turned out to be, he had some personal issues and no one wanted to give him a chance, Lou gave him a chance. I always thought the dude would be amazing if he didn't spaz so much, turns out he had some deeply troubling issues he really needed to deal with.

21-12-5, 2.17GAA and a .927SV% with 5 shutouts? That's f***ing good. Real good.

Reactions: EightyOne

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Parros on small suspensions & Wilson

Parros has monitored Wilson as this season has progressed. He likes what he's seen.
"I think Tom has figured out how to play the game and stay off our radar. I hope it stays that way," Parros said. "It's been evident in the way he's played this season. We've seen clips of him delivering good clean hits and laying off hits that might have gotten him in trouble before."
Does Parros believe that Wilson has changed his ways, knowing the next suspension could be a massive one?
"I'm not going to put myself in his head," Parros said. "He certainly doesn't want to be suspended anymore, and I certainly don't want to suspend him anymore. We both share the same goal."
Same goal my ass, watch Wilson go head hunting again in PO if it's worth getting a PO reduced suspension.

Last edited:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
The Sharks are totally getting bounced in the first round. They need to address the net during the summer.
5b9fc8b4f56fd9beb7d04666020c78fe--hockey-martin-omalley.jpg

You rang....?

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
The Sharks are a freaking Jekyll and Hyde team, sometimes they look like a juggernaut, sometimes their defence is goaltending is so bad you wonder how they are even in the playoffs. The Jets are kind of like that too - demolishing the Preds, then looking utterly terrible against the Stars, it ended 5-2, could have been 10-2 if the Stars' scoring was a bit better.

Tampa are still rolling, if the Pens can't win the Cup, I wouldn't mind if Tampa do.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I would support TBL more if the franchise had never won before.

Now, for whatever reason, there's an unearned smugness that I feel from the franchise/fans and I just don't want to support them.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I would support TBL more if the franchise had never won before.

Now, for whatever reason, there's an unearned smugness that I feel from the franchise/fans and I just don't want to support them.

Tampa’s fans make them unbearable to root for, as do Toronto’s...in fact, nearly all of the Atlantic...I can’t cheer for the Caps either but I’d much rather root for the other teams in the Metro like Carolina or the Isles if the Pens get eliminated...

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Tampa’s fans make them unbearable to root for, as do Toronto’s...in fact, nearly all of the Atlantic...I can’t cheer for the Caps either but I’d much rather root for the other teams in the Metro like Carolina or the Isles if the Pens get eliminated...

They're all unbearable...only result is for us to win it.

This actually would be the perfect year to win it all again...making Kessel and Maatta's value go up. Guys we want to trade. Assuming Maatta gets PT which Im sure he will.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I can easily get behind the Canes. The team and the fans just seem to be having so much fun. If they somehow got Steve Martin involved that would be the Cherry (wink, wink) on top.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Imagine if Kuch goes ice cold the rest of the season getting 0 points and McDavid goes on a terror winning the art in the last game of the season. I'd be so pissed!

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Chicago's offense was scoring at will when the team seemed to have nothing to play for, but once they got a somewhat realistic playoff chance it went ice cold... I am loving it. :)

Reactions: KIRK

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Biron won't play against the Jackets for what may be the most important game of the season. What a stupid idea to fight someone bigger who wanted revenge against him. Note that Habs are 32-18-4 with Biron and 9-10-4 without him in the lineup. Extremely likely he has a concussion and may be out for at least a week.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
NHL.com said:
Defense: The Panthers are 29th in goals allowed (262) and goals allowed per game (3.40), offsetting an offense ninth in goals per game (3.14) and tied for eighth with the Chicago Blackhawks in goals (246). Defenseman Mike Matheson has an NHL high 123 giveaways with Aaron Ekblad tied for third (112) and Keith Yandle tied for eighth (100).

Good lord. That has to be a systems thing, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad