Around the NHL - Part XLIII

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023

So he got whacked for tipping draft picks to his buddy who runs a scouting service, all so his buddy could get the prospect analysis blurb up on twitter more quickly. No evidence whatsoever he was making wagers with the information.

Sheesh.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Seems to me it would be pretty simple to keep that info to yourself for an extra few minutes.
I will never understand how so many people put themselves in potentially compromising (and costly) positions with little to no thought...

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Noah Dobson played golf behind us yesterday at our local course . Good news for Ranger fans....he did not put on an extra ounce of muscle this Summer.....a real beanpole ! However....he can hit a golf ball a long ways from the Blue pins..... it was a slow round and we were held up at every hole as such them just being two always got to watch us tee off . They were walking the course and lugging their bags at the hottest time of the day . I spoke with him a couple of times and I really was not sure who he was but I had my suspicions . We had to leave our game early and did not finish but when I got home I looked him up and it was him . I wish I had of known it was him as I would have mentioned Rempe to get a reaction LOL.....Pretty mild mannered young man . He always gives a lot of his time in the Summer to the minor hockey kids ......great to see .

He was playing on a public course or a private club you were member/guest at?

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
He was playing on a public course or a private club you were member/guest at?
Actually I double checked at the pro shop before my round last night and they said it was not him .....I was fooled . Whoever the young guy was...he sure resembled Dobson who I was told also could really smoke a golf ball .

It is a public course but likely eventually will become a private one and is owned by a local who helped bring the Blue Jay baseball to Canada when he was with Labatt Brewery . They have a lot of NHL & ex NHL players over a Summer . They just had a big event with about 30 NHL alumni and some present day NHL guys . The old players have a great time telling stories and drinking with old friends and enemies for the 3 day event . Mahovlich brothers Lambert and Keon and Sitter & Gallant just a few names who attended .

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Came across this kid. @EdJovanovski did you make him like some sorta Tulpa?

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
He'd have been an upgrade over every NYR defencemen outside of Adam Fox.

He signed 1x1. It's safe to say there was very little interest or he was very picky about where he wanted to go. His results last year also look absolutely awful. I thought everyone wanted Jones to get an opportunity anyway?

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
sports reporting is hilarious when it comes to body composition. A player will put on weight in the off-season and there will be absolutely absurd reports of mythical levels muscle gain in the range of 15-20 lbs lol.

Reactions: tiggles

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 8