Around the NHL - Part XLIII (Off-Season Edition)

effen

Feb 3, 2018
What the f*** are the Sabres doing?
Ditching an extremely redundant skill midget for some young bottom six help? They pretty clearly need this year to be a playoff year for lots of reasons.

Does it matter you got 85 cents on the dollar if you really need cents and don't need dollars?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Ditching an extremely redundant skill midget for some young bottom six help? They pretty clearly need this year to be a playoff year for lots of reasons.

Does it matter you got 85 cents on the dollar if you really need cents and don't need dollars?

I have a tough time believing that they couldn't have gotten better bottom six help.

This trade has Erat for Forsberg written all over it.

Reactions: B17 Apricots

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I have a tough time believing that they couldn't have gotten better bottom six help.

This trade has Erat for Forsberg written all over it.
He's not playing over Thompson or Cozens and they have Benson and Krebs as small skill guys on lower lines already. Plus Rosen and some Czech guy as smaller guys in Rochester.

I think a big part of it is getting McLeods entire prime, they're sure to give him 5 or 6 years and feel like they got their lower line anchor for their ramp up.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
He's not playing over Thompson or Cozens and they have Benson and Krebs as small skill guys on lower lines already. Plus Rosen and some Czech guy as smaller guys in Rochester.

I think a big part of it is getting McLeods entire prime, they're sure to give him 5 or 6 years and feel like they got their lower line anchor for their ramp up.

I would not call Krebs a small killed guy. He is 6’ or 6’1”, it is not like he’s 5’9” or 5’10” He’s a pest type of player 3rd or 4th line. If the Sabres made him available, id take a chance on him. He brings some speed which the Rangers can use. Not a bad young player. Just did not develop much with Vegas. Still young to improve

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I would not call Krebs a small killed guy. He is 6’ or 6’1”, it is not like he’s 5’9” or 5’10” He’s a pest type of player 3rd or 4th line. If the Sabres made him available, id take a chance on him. He brings some speed which the Rangers can use. Not a bad young player. Just did not develop much with Vegas. Still young to improve
I think he's very much a small skilled guy who either got bad advice or bad feedback to make him something he's not. As a pest he's just not believable which is a very odd thing to notice as a viewer. But it's very forced. He's just not a natural dickhead.

I think he is a good buy low guy, but only if he tries to be himself instead of something he's not.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I think he's very much a small skilled guy who either got bad advice or bad feedback to make him something he's not. As a pest he's just not believable which is a very odd thing to notice as a viewer. But it's very forced. He's just not a natural dickhead.

I think he is a good buy low guy, but only if he tries to be himself instead of something he's not.

He does plays a bottom line role for a reason. He never got top line minutes as a young player yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad