Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
everyone will blame the "core 4" and/or the coach but Toronto legitimately had one of the worst defensive corps of any playoff team i've ever seen

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Which is why they need to blow out the core 4 and get some good dmen in.

Even Rielly low key sucks

yeah but they build with the wrong type of d-man, you can get some decent pieces off the scrap heap. Florida has done it with multiple players, even the Islanders got Mike Reilly off of waivers who could've probably been Torontos 2nd best defenseman. instead they traded for Edmundson who absolutely blows but he's of the Big Body Tuff Guy archetype which was last useful in 2004. they had Gustafsson last year and scratched him for Luke Schenn lol.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
everyone will blame the "core 4" and/or the coach but Toronto legitimately had one of the worst defensive corps of any playoff team i've ever seen

Matthews - 4 points
Nylander - 3 points
Tavares - 2 points
Marner - 3 points

12 points in 7 games

Zibs - 7 points
Tro - 6 points

13 points in 4 games

No, the core should be pilloried.

EDIT: I didn't include the 5 points they got this game.

18 points in 5 games.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Matthews - 4 points
Nylander - 3 points
Tavares - 2 points
Marner - 3 points

12 points in 7 games

Zibs - 7 points
Tro - 6 points

13 points in 4 games

No, the core should be pilloried.

EDIT: I didn't include the 5 points they got this game.

18 points in 5 games.

Matthews and Nylander were both good when they were playing, especially Nylander. but they only played 5 games each. Marner is clearly not a playoff type player, i'll give you that.

it's hard to do anything when your defensemen cant move the puck out of the zone, as the Rangers learned last year.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Matthews and Nylander were both good when they were playing, especially Nylander. but they only played 5 games each. Marner is clearly not a playoff type player, i'll give you that.

it's hard to do anything when your defensemen cant move the puck out of the zone, as the Rangers learned last year.

Even then, we're still talking 2 of our offensive players in 4 games to their 4.

I wasn't joking when I said the Rangers scored more PP goals than the Leafs did in 7 games: 1-21 on the PP.

They still need more offensive pop on D, but that's inexcusable. It's why a lot people wanted Panarin and Zibs off this team by any means.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad