Around the NHL: Panthers win. Onto the business season!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Who and when did fans say that? There’s a difference in thinking Casey was our best center which people have said, and thinking Casey was a #1 center. I don’t remember anybody saying they thought he was a #1 center.
See above post...not sure why multi quote didn't work...It was probably about 3 or 4 months ago.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
See above post...not sure why multi quote didn't work...It was probably about 3 or 4 months ago.
Would really love to see that thread then. But again, saying someone is better than someone else doesn’t mean they are saying Casey is a #1 center. Just that he’s better.

Reactions: Sabresfansince1980

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Boston kicked Toronto's butt physically and tactically. The Leaf's/Bruins looks exactly like Colorado/Winnipeg will starting tomorrow. Colorado could even out shoot Winnipeg (like Toronto did to Boston) and it won't mean anything.

Sure, MacKinnon can put on a show for a game or two. But he can't win the series on his own.
I don't see the Av's going down to the jets easily at all.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
As rough as it is being a Sabres fan, it honestly might be better than being a Leafs fan. I have a buddy who’s a leafs fan- doesn’t even like any of the star players, friggin Hyman was his favorite. And it’s one game, but you gotta think- “holy shit, they just cannot do playoff hockey. It’s the coach, the players, it’s no longer a statistical anomaly, this group just can’t do it.”

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
As rough as it is being a Sabres fan, it honestly might be better than being a Leafs fan. I have a buddy who’s a leafs fan- doesn’t even like any of the star players, friggin Hyman was his favorite. And it’s one game, but you gotta think- “holy shit, they just cannot do playoff hockey. It’s the coach, the players, it’s no longer a statistical anomaly, this group just can’t do it.”
I used to be on the statistical anomaly side, but yeah now its hard to deny. At this point, even if they make a run, it would be hard to argue they "fixed" themselves, and didn't just get lucky.

This is from a couple years ago and it's only a tiny glimpse, but the player leadership looks pretty bleak. Seems like the big names have no interest in what Keefe has to say, and probably trickling down to the scrubs who also seem to have no respect for him. I can't tell if Keefe just isn't good at connecting with the players, or if he's just been undermined by the big names from day 1.

Around 8:00 in the video:
but when I look at our losses some of the games there has a struggle to score. It's because teams have defended extremely well, which really is what playoff hockey is, like is what you're going to face. We're one of the worst teams in the NHL and scoring off of rebounds, yet it's one of the most common ways to score a goal in the playoffs

I just don't think they're buying it. Granted seeing the avs down there too, idk how much weight you can put into it.

1713714217527.png

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
There was definitely people on here saying Casey was a #1 centerman in the league...I remember because I was asking what current #1 centermen in the league would he be better than.
I'm the top Mitts trade hater on this board and I have no idea what you're talking about...because it sure as hell wasn't me saying that and I would remember another poster going beyond my opinions. Mitts was the best C here because TT and Cozens are dumb and Mitts IQ/vision/hands made up for the raw talent the other two have more of. Most teams have Cs that aren't nearly as dumb, and have more talent than Mitts, so I'm not sure what team Mitts could be the true #1 on...maybe one or two but generally he should top out as a #2 at best.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Since some fans here think of Casey Mittelstadt as a #1 center, you'd have to think then that the Avs are one of the top picks to win the cup with two #1 centers in MacKinnon and Mittelstadt. :sarcasm:
Even if someone said that, what is even the point of this post?

Playoffs are all about matchups and go way beyond the top 2 centers on any team. If it was just about the top 2 centers. Then the Oilers would have run out of room in their trophy case for all the Cups that McDavid/Draisaitl won them.

Last edited:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Botterill was such a ****ing dipshit for not wanting Sam here long-term when he was one of the few talented guys they had at the time who actually worked his ass off to get better and evolve his game
What about Hagel?

Reactions: kirby11

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
What about Hagel?
Arguably an even worse decision with how terrible their forward pipeline was at the time.

Just comical levels of ineptitude from a guy who then made it sound like he was nothing more than an intern in terms of his day-to-day responsibilities for the team after he got canned.

Reactions: Chainshot and Beerz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad