Around the NHL: Panthers win. Onto the business season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Grier doing some dirty work to free up space for Drury like old times

There is an old poker saying

"You gotta give action to get action", i.e. if you sit in the corner and wait until you have the stone nuts, people are just going to fold .

I think the GM position is very transactional between people. If you try to win every trade or have every trade be in your favor, you'll have less trade partners in the future. It's why Regier couldn't make a trade later in his career, no one wanted to deal with him.

It's a good bit of business for Grier, when he's in a position to help other teams by taking on overpaid character guys when he needs to fill out his lineup. He's filling his IOU card.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
They traded for and signed that player only 1 year ago. They traded away assets to get him.

You call that a win?

The original deal was stupid, but bailing on that contract early will end up looking smart. This deal was probably smart, a half correction of a major mistake.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
LA getting out from under PLD's deal after how this year went and getting an option for their #1 goalie. Looks good there.

Caps get some top 6 center play with a room that might be less demanding of PLD while they're biding time for Ovie to break the goal scoring record.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008

This thread is absurd

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wonder if the Caps will buyout PLD and thus get out of Kuemper's deal and then spend around 2 million per on the buyout?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Buying out Skinner to pay Kane would be so dumb.
It makes sense from a marketing standpoint. Also veteran experience from years of playoff play, playing at PP. Not that I'm a fan of the idea, but Kane proved last season that he can still be productive.
I wonder if the Caps will buyout PLD and thus get out of Kuemper's deal and then spend around 2 million per on the buyout?
I don't understand why they need to buyout him? I think they needed a center and they're playing a wild game here. It would have been easier for them to buyout Kuemper than PLD.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Activity really picked up. Draft got pushed way too close to the finals. Going to be an interesting week. Do something Darcy.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Activity really picked up. Draft got pushed way too close to the finals. Going to be an interesting week. Do something Darcy.

He’s got the paperwork ready to cut Skinner and no plan for afterwards. Maybe 1 obvious guy who’ll get scooped up, then he can shrug and say the fax machine didn’t work.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
He’s got the paperwork ready to cut Skinner and no plan for afterwards. Maybe 1 obvious guy who’ll get scooped up, then he can shrug and say the fax machine didn’t work.
Well, I didn't specifically mean Sabres interesting. Is the buyout window open? He was pretty opening criticizing his team so he is not happy. Wouldn't be surprised if he makes unexpected moves. We can't really claim inaction when he jettisoned Mitts in a big trade.

They kind of just change fonts on the same logo periodically.:huh:

Reactions: Fjordy

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Clean. Much better than that "LA" thing and the crown is an improvement with a definite call back to the original.

Lines coming off the letters is too distracting to be in a logo. Not a fan of it.

Had lines since almost the beginning. Goes back to when Jack Kent Cooke owned both teams and wanted synergy.

1718896594271.png
1718896643131.png

Reactions: BUCKSHOT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad