Around the NHL (NHL Tonight is an Abomination)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Milbury calling Carolina/Philly tonight one of the 5 worst games he's seen in his 40 years in the game. :laugh:

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
and then I looked out my window and realized that mpp9 and I were laughing under the same night sky

You guys are mean.

Milbury calling Carolina/Philly tonight one of the 5 worst games he's seen in his 40 years in the game. :laugh:

Really? Saying that directly after the game? Probably not representing the game of hockey to the NBC audience, but it's hard to argue. The Flyers are just dreadful to watch.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
How did the flyers go from scoring 500 goals against the pens in the playoffs(with most of the same forwards) to this?
One thing is their PP has come crashing back down to earth this year. It was unstoppable in that playoff series a couple years ago.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
One thing is their PP has come crashing back down to earth this year. It was unstoppable in that playoff series a couple years ago.

I think they were also one of the highest scoring teams that year during the regular season, im happy they suck, just amazed how that happened, with all the young players they have on the roster i thought they were going to be a good team for a long time.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
It was funny to watch them choke this game away, lol. It couldn't of happened to a better bunch of guys!!

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
giroux-cmon.gif

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

This is clearly the way defense is supposed to be played, if the best player in the world (After Glass, Adams, Engelland et al, except that scrub Crosby) is doing it like that. Free, Mason, I just feel sorry for his Flyer ass.

I don't actually know how anyone managed to watch that whole game, I couldn't handle more than 2 minutes at a time and that's being generous.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

For the first time, I actually agree with him. That game was actually painful to watch. I have no idea why I kept in on the whole time, but the last 10 minutes made it completely worth it :laugh:

I wonder if Flyers fans are still defending the Streit signing..

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
tonight i met the bff of ted leonsis' daughter ellie. she was boring and vapid but she went into great detail about the leonsis's and talked at great length of what a great/friendly guy sweat teddy is.

per her, ted has a daughter ellie and a son zach. ellie is a sophomore or junior (i forget) at georgetown and zach graduated from penn two years ago and is now working on his mba at georgetown.

teddy and his daughter were both apparently quite plump for much of their lives, but they both have recently lost weight. teddy apparently underwent gastric bypass surgery. she showed me some tumblr photos from his daughter's account-- ted is looking pretty slim; much skinnier than we are accustomed to seeing.

she also mentioned that ted has been trying to get less emotionally invested in the capitals, as he has tried for awhile to get involved in their operations and lead them to success/championships but was only rewarded with routine disappointment. i guess he recently purchased the wizards and maybe some other team(?) and has been focused on that.

i really tried to get her to say something about how leonsis has a problem with ovechkin or how he's come to dislike AO. basically tried to get her to say something about leonsis's opinion that would make AO look bad, but alas i couldn't get her to say anything bad about AO. she stuck to the opinion that leonsis loved AO.

Sotty

Nov 1, 2004
Westfalen
Didn't Giroux promise that the Flyers would make the playoffs a couple of weeks ago? He better start to show why he is the best player in the world if he wants to keep his word. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad