OT: Around the NHL: Keep the trade talk to the other threads please

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
So what are everyone's feelings on tonight? Caps figure to be without Ovechkin and Oshie again. Leafs, I have no idea. They played everyone vs Montreal.
NHL.com showing these players out for TOR

Scratched: Conor Timmins, Matthew Knies, Erik Gustafsson, Luke Schenn

Injured: Jake Muzzin (neck), Victor Mete (upper body), Nicholas Robertson (shoulder), Carl Dahlstrom (shoulder), Calle Jarnkrok (undisclosed), Matt Murray (undisclosed)

And starting Samsonov in goal. So I don't think they're trying to lose to FLA.

WSH has given up though. NYI for sure win.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

Injured: Jake Muzzin (neck), Victor Mete (upper body), Nicholas Robertson (shoulder), Carl Dahlstrom (shoulder), Calle Jarnkrok (undisclosed), Matt Murray (undisclosed)

And starting Samsonov in goal. So I don't think they're trying to lose to FLA
Honestly despite the players sitting out Washington played alright against the Panthers the other night. I don't think they're a guaranteed loss, especially given they're at home.

I'll say this: If both the Panthers/Isles win tonight I feel pretty hopeless about our chances. I have a feeling that Carolina will have the division locked up before their game against Florida, and the Islanders last game of the season is at home against Montreal.

I think we need a result tonight or we're not getting one at all.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Honestly despite the players sitting out Washington played alright against the Panthers the other night. I don't think they're a guaranteed loss, especially given they're at home.

I'll say this: If both the Panthers/Isles win tonight I feel pretty hopeless about our chances. I have a feeling that Carolina will have the division locked up before their game against Florida, and the Islanders last game of the season is at home against Montreal.

I think we need a result tonight or we're not getting one at all.
There’s still a chance Carolina beats Florida even if they have the division wrapped up…they may still be motivated…I think the main issue is that Florida behind Lyons is playing much better than teams like Carolina right now, and most other teams…think it’s too bad for the Pens but that’s what you get when you continually blow games and quite honestly the Pens are a worse team atm than NYI and FLA and don’t deserve to be in the POs

Reactions: Pancakes

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Help jeff goldblum face claim GIF - Find on GIFER

Top 30 Congo Movie GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Make It So GIFs | Tenor

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Tonight is the night, if neither team lose a point tonight, were cooked!
It has to be a regulation loss unless we’re hoping theyre going to lose another point in the last game of the season…we cannot tie either team to get into the POs

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

And starting Samsonov in goal. So I don't think they're trying to lose to FLA.

WSH has given up though. NYI for sure win.
I'm a little surprised Washington keeps scratching Ovechkin since their main goal as a franchise at this point is helping him pass Gretzky in all-time goals.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
There has been a lot of fans wandering outside of their sandbox and causing issues in other teams forums. Admins are trying to clamp down on it and other stuff might get caught up in the crossfire. Also other mods tolerance might not be as high as mine. ;)

xerxes-300.gif
To be caught in the cross fire and not have it turned over is bs though mate. I wasn't posting to pour on, it was an experience to prove a poster otherwise about fans, especially frequent interactions.

Mate I'm at the point where to see the Pens I will buy the kraken tickets and watch them there and go out of Vancouver to do it to avoid the bullshit those fans get up to when we try to leave.

Oh no, did I troll again by discussing an experience?

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
To be caught in the cross fire and not have it turned over is bs though mate. I wasn't posting to pour on, it was an experience to prove a poster otherwise about fans, especially frequent interactions.

Mate I'm at the point where to see the Pens I will buy the kraken tickets and watch them there and go out of Vancouver to do it to avoid the bullshit those fans get up to when we try to leave.

Oh no, did I troll again by discussing an experience?
I mean to be honest Im shocked that Seattle wasnt the first option to begin with. I GTFO out of Vancouver as quick as a I can. Hate driving in that city, hate the traffic, hate the mass of people, long list. Not my cup of tea.

I get that you werent there to troll. I think some peoples default right now is that any opposing fan is trolling. Unlike here where I embrace the sanity of an outside voice. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad