OT: Around the NHL: Go Cats Go

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Might be the dumbest series I’ve ever watched. Worse than the time we were swept by the Bruins with Iginla the wrong line and wing.

Carolina should be on the verge of sweeping the Rags and it’s the other way around.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Might be the dumbest series I’ve ever watched. Worse than the time we were swept by the Bruins with Iginla the wrong line and wing.

Carolina should be on the verge of sweeping the Rags and it’s the other way around.
Keeps happening to them, it’s not dumb at this point it’s a flaw in their organization.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Maybe the grass isn’t greener for Jake after all
He's done his point-per-game thang. At least he got to play in a couple playoff series. will be interesting to see where he ends up next year and how much $$ he lands.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Keeps happening to them, it’s not dumb at this point it’s a flaw in their organization.
Their goalie shit the bed. It happens. But the Rangers aren’t good. They should be looking at getting swept themselves.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
The Canes really need Pesce if they want to keep the series going.
Chatfield has been a disaster from the first game.

I think the biggest thing is that they’re too safe from an offensive point of view. Like our team, always looking for the extra pass and perfect play. If they’d just start firing pucks knowing that they’re likely to be blocked they’d have more success. Rod, like Sully, hates that style of offense though because it can go the other way with a bad bounce.

But a team like Carolina possesses so well, I think you take that trade-off. Especially against a goalie like Shesterkin. He reads the plays so well you almost have to get good bounces and unplanned deflections to score on him.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If the conference finals turn out to be Panthers-Rangers and Oilers-Stars, as it’s trending, I’ll have some very clear rooting interests, which I don’t particularly want lol…

• Haha
Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
If the conference finals turn out to be Panthers-Rangers and Oilers-Stars, as it’s trending, I’ll have some very clear rooting interests, which I don’t particularly want lol…
If the team I follow isn't in the post-season I generally root for teams to lose that I am not particularly fond of not really picking another team to follow.... just hoping for certain teams to lose =]

Reactions: Andy99

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If the Stars can get through Vegas and Colorado, no reason the Cup can't go back to Texas this year.
I don't know what it is about the Stars, but they're just one of those teams for me that I don't think they have a championship in them until they actually do it. They're kind of the Carolina Hurricanes of the West for me, but I can't really put my finger on why that is.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I don't know what it is about the Stars, but they're just one of those teams for me that I don't think they have a championship in them until they actually do it. They're kind of the Carolina Hurricanes of the West for me, but I can't really put my finger on why that is.
That's just bias from a prolonged Cupless run, and lacking media hype due to missing marquee names and a quieter market. This is the strongest built team they've had since '99 though. It's now or never.
Just need health and solid play from Oettinger.

Reactions: td_ice

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I think the difference between the Canes and the Stars is Robertson and Heiskanen are legitimate top five discussions at their position versus Slavin and Aho being more in the top ten realm.

Like Roope Hintz is basically Aho.

Also, the Stars have added Wyatt Johnson and Stankoven who are just absolutely absurd and then Thomas Harley.

If the league goes right the SCF should be Stars vs Cats and tbh that's the two best teams this year IMO.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Damn you, Panthers…please do not force a Bruins-Rangers ECF on us!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad