OT: Around the NHL: Go Cats Go

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Jake is trying but the rest of the Canes are Capital-like in their ability to choke

Reactions: Andy99

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Carolina sucks so bad. They remind me of us the way they have to get 2x as many shots to score the same amount of goals because their chances are so low-percentage and their goaltending is so mediocre.
You beat me narrowly but yeah. Carolina just chucks everything at the net and hopes for tips.

Gotta have *some* creativity to score.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
The Canes style of throwing everything at the net and having zero creativity doesn't work well when the other team has a good goalie
That’s not what they do at all. If anything, they pass up way too many shots looking for perfect plays.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
That’s not what they do at all. If anything, they pass up way too many shots looking for perfect plays.
Not really seeing that from them. They were a volume team in the regular season and are in the playoffs as well.

Rod the Bod's system focuses on funneling everything to the net.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Ignatius

TROUBA = CAPTAIN COOKE
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Looks like Florida will have to take them out.

We can only hope, my nightmare scenario is seeing either the Rangers or Boston go to the SCF. I'm pretty sure that either would get waxed by any of the western teams but they just don't deserve to be there. I'm sure the league bigwigs would love to see the rags in the finals just because of greed.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
You beat me narrowly but yeah. Carolina just chucks everything at the net and hopes for tips.

Gotta have *some* creativity to score.
Sullivan would be a perfect replacement for Rod lol…talk about a coach who hates creativity lol

Reactions: Pancakes

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Not really seeing that from them. They were a volume team in the regular season and are in the playoffs as well.

Rod the Bod's system focuses on funneling everything to the net.
I live in NC and watch them often. Rod coaches
like Sullivan. Same shit. Same dumb tactics. Just better overall players so it looks a bit better.

Reactions: Pancakes and Andy99

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Not even Jake could overcome their system deficiencies. Gotta let the coach go.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
The canes have a lot of UFA and RFA after the playoffs end. Some Canes fans feel this is their best team to get to the finals.
They've got a less than 2% chance to make it to the next round, so they may have to have a better team to get to the finals. Oh, and I don't like the Canes, but f*ck the Rags.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Carolina sucks so bad. They remind me of us the way they have to get 2x as many shots to score the same amount of goals because their chances are so low-percentage and their goaltending is so mediocre.
Someone said it prior to me, but Carolina plays how Sullivan wants the Pens to play if the Pens actually had youth/speed.

Carolina does well in the regular season and against weaker opponents because that generally allows them to "control" possession and generate a lot of shots. But it bites them in the butt when actual skilled plays are needed to beat a skilled team with strong goaltending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad