Around the NHL - Episode XLV III - BEAST MODE ANDY

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I have to admit, after watching what happened to the Rangers, I get a really warm fuzzy feeling, knowing that shit would NOT fly against us.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
good on parros for not succumbing to mob mentality
Well the mob would not have been satisfied with 1 game. I really don't care one way or another btw. I can see why there was no suspension. I don't understand the fine. Why the fine? If he did something to be fined be must have crossed some line.. Given his history and crossing a line to warrant a fine. Maybe 1 game would have avoided a lot of shit is all. Did he do something to be suspended.. not really according to NHL rules.

Reactions: GCK and TheDebater

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Ludicrous that a team as bad as Montreal is going to make the playoffs.

Leafs are going to sweep them in round one. They are probably the weakest of any team that will make the playoffs league-wide. Too bad no one else could challenge them in the north for that final spot

Also I genuinely think the Sens would fair better against Toronto in round 1 than the Habs will, if we had somehow got in there.

Reactions: Dionysus

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I understand the Caulfield bashing, especially due to the Sens-Habs rivalry, but I feel bad for the kid. He is getting undue criticism just because he is small, and playes for the Canadiens.

I actually hope he does well and goes on to have a good career so he can be an example for all of those young, less-than-average-height girls and boys who dream of becoming NHL players one day.

We need to support that kind of thing.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I understand the Caulfield bashing, especially due to the Sens-Habs rivalry, but I feel bad for the kid. He is getting undue criticism just because he is small, and playes for the Canadiens.

I actually hope he does well and goes on to have a good career so he can be an example for all of those young, less-than-average-height girls and boys who dream of becoming NHL players one day.

We don’t need him to do well to have that happen. We already had Marty St. Louis

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Neither Edmonton nor Toronto will go far in the playoffs, although Toronto has a higher chance. That is my honest opinion. The fanbases of both Edmonton and Toronto are so bipolar it is unreal. They win twice: 'we will win the Stanley cup', they lose twice: 'fire everyone, I always knew that this team sucks'. Deep inside they feel that their teams lack skill and depth which shines through after any loss. Even worse when you realize that being in the Northern division increased the idea that they might be good, hence preventing them from changing anything, possibly wasting another year of McDavid's and Draisaitl's career. If Edmonton and Ottawa wouldn't have played each other, Edmonton and Ottawa would only be 1 point apart. Add in Vancouver and Montreal who were strickened by injuries and Covid most of the year.

This could end up brutal once they get out of the Canadian matchups.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Hell no. All things Habs and Leafs are deplorable.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Where he’s getting criticism from? He’s a super highly touted prospect and is going to be a good to great goal scorer in the NHL.

Reactions: DrEasy

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Koskinen gave up 4 goals on Vancouvers first 4 shots. EDM was down 30 seconds in.

It's amazing how weak this division is. Feels like every team can get into a long, bad groove where they are just absolutely brutal out there.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Bedard and Wright look amazing.

tkatchuk-stutzle- and whoever we get this year might pale in comparison to whatever rebuilding teams get from 22-24

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013

As a fellow manlet I can't bring myself to bash Caufield.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Koskinen gave up 4 goals on Vancouvers first 4 shots. EDM was down 30 seconds in.

It's amazing how weak this division is. Feels like every team can get into a long, bad groove where they are just absolutely brutal out there.

And we also have to keep that in mind while evaluating our on team.

I like the direction we're going, but we're really not seeing any real "elite" competition in the division this year.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
We don’t need him to do well to have that happen. We already had Marty St. Louis

I am not sure if you are just joking or being serious, but I equate what you just said to making a statement like "we do not need more (insert ethnicity here) players, we already had (insert visible minority player here).

Marty st. Louis? Seriously? One player who retired like 10 years ago now...

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

I disagree. Plenty of undersized players get massively overhyped and quite a large number of fans refuse to acknowledge the legitimate flaws in their game. Sure undersized players receive unfair criticism from some hockey fans but they also receive undue praise from some hockey fans that idealize them. Those kinds of players aren't evaluated objectively.

Furthermore it is hard to feel sympathetic towards undersized players when many of the fans that defend them tend to devalue and make derogatory claims about abnormally large players. In either case it represents potential size biases that may lead fans to overlook positive traits that those players might have.

With that said I am a fan of a certain style of play and I will cheer for players that exhibit it (regardless of their size) and I won't cheer for those that don't (regardless of their size).

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
And we also have to keep that in mind while evaluating our on team.

I like the direction we're going, but we're really not seeing any real "elite" competition in the division this year.
Every team in every division has had bad stretches. Colorado, Tampa, St Louis, Vegas, Boston, Washington, etc. It’s not unique to the North division.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Every team in every division has had bad stretches. Colorado, Tampa, St Louis, Vegas, Boston, Washington, etc. It’s not unique to the North division.
The north is not a hard division

If the sens are the 3rd best team in this division since mid February it’s not saying much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad