Around the NHL - Episode XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
the walrus is now a leaf!

He fits their "defense? What's that?" m.o...

I liked him his first two years here, he played a high paced game that was fun to watch even if he leaned on GSN too much, but we were a mess in our end. I think personnel was part of that, so who knows but i would have thought TO would be looking for someone to clean up their defensive game.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He fits their "defense? What's that?" m.o...

I liked him his first two years here, he played a high paced game that was fun to watch even if he leaned on GSN too much, but we were a mess in our end. I think personnel was part of that, so who knows but i would have thought TO would be looking for someone to clean up their defensive game.

Yeah I alluded to that in a post on the main board.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Wonder if he's gonna be "scared to death" of their defence group :laugh:

That said, glad to see him in TO. He's the only Head Coach we've fired in the last decade I could see getting another shot again.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Embellishment

I'd like to see the ref take one of these and see if he thinks its embellishment

Holy f***! That’s the first time I saw this replay! Perry hooks Point between the legs and drags him down by his wiener and Point gets the penalty. That’s so absurd is funny.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Don't care what Habs fans say. Petry is not worth $6.25m :laugh:

To be honest, he has been good since Weber struggled with injuries. I have no idea why, but Habs have been lucky with some D-men... Chiarot has been a lot better than he was in Winnipeg. Kulak was not a NHL player to the Flames and Petry has improved on both sides of the puck. It's the coaching staff effect IMO, Habs have one of the best in the NHL, and costly.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
To be honest, he has been good since Weber struggled with injuries. I have no idea why, but Habs have been lucky with some D-men... Chiarot has been a lot better than he was in Winnipeg. Kulak was not a NHL player to the Flames and Petry has improved on both sides of the puck. It's the coaching staff effect IMO, Habs have one of the best in the NHL, and costly.

He would sure help our D corps

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Would have been nice to get Staal.

Get a high 2nd next year, and only pay 3.2 for a 5.7 mill cap hit.

NMC likely took us out, though Detroit isn’t a hotspot at the moment either.

While I agree, we likely aren't going to see a cap dump deal to Ottawa unless they are LTIR insured.

Why else turn down the Marleau and a 1st to Ottawa last year but suddenly do a camp dump this year?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
While I agree, we likely aren't going to see a cap dump deal to Ottawa unless they are LTIR insured.

Why else turn down the Marleau and a 1st to Ottawa last year but suddenly do a camp dump this year?
Nobody ever said they turned that down

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Ottawa would have done it post bonus but T.O. was worrolued about a July 1st offer sheet. You paid him over 10M what was the worry ?

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
Hey, isn't it fun to watch Tampa, our expansion cousin, winning their 2nd cup in their 3rd final, knowing that we have outdone them by winning several Melnyk Cost Per Point championships in recent years?

Nice consolation prize, boys!

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Both of these team are so unlikable. And honestly...this feels like November level hockey.

At the very least, whoever wins needs an asterisk next to their name on the Cup.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Both of these team are so unlikable. And honestly...this feels like November level hockey.

At the very least, whoever wins needs an asterisk next to their name on the Cup.

I like both teams. Lots of great players out there. Great young talent. Great vets. I disagree about the level of hockey . This and other series have been hard fought and as a fan I have really liked it and the format.

Sure it will have an asterisk but not because teams did not compete hard to win. 2020 is going to have an asterisk.

Reactions: Ed Wood

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I've loved the playoffs this year. The hockey has been great. Brayden Point has been incredible. The fact that he was a third round pick and Kucherov was a very late second astonishes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,800.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway