Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Well, to be fair Stas helped slam Pavekski to the ice WWE style. But I don't think it waranted a major.

Double minor I could understand with the resulting bleeding pressure cut, because you can't prove it wasn't the crosscheck that caused the bleed.

I'm not sure if you're being serious or what.. The cross check is to Pavelski's chest and he literally stumbles into Stastny. I understand it's Vegas's fault for allowing 4 goals. I was watching live and couldn't believe Vegas didn't burn a timeout after the 2nd goal just to try and slow things down. But..... the call is, was, and will forever be up there with the worst calls I've ever seen and it very well could be #1 all time. First, no penalty was called on the play. The refs didn't call cross checking on Eakin, they didn't call body slamming on Stastny (because he didn't) and play continued for what 10-15 seconds with Pavelski laying prone on the ice? It's a huge joke of how horrible the refs can absolutely help determine the outcome of a game. I get it if the NHL doesn't want to monitor refs in the regular season. I'm ok with that. But holy hell, to help decide a game 7 of the playoffs with no oversight from the league is the reason for this complete blunder.

The cross check 100% never gets called a penalty in this situation. Never. Stastny was just the last person to touch Pavelski so there's no penalty there. It's unfortunate Pavelski fell awkardly and slammed his head off the ice. Everyone can agree with that. But you don't reward 5 minute majors because a guy falls awkwardly and knocks himself out.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
gary bettman is a loser if he defends the officiating from last night

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
people keep saying vegas PK has to be better. fact is, Vegas PK should have never been put into a position like that. imagine if that was your team being screwed over because the refs "think" he got cross checked in the face.

a major call so when they keep scoring, you still stay on the PP, all because the refs saw blood and the crowd played them so they pandered to the crowd. SICKENING OFFICIATING.

JOKE call and this is a massive black eye for hockey. everyone is laughing at the leagues officiating even more than usual and if Ref Jose manages to Ref their way into a cup, you can put a big fat asterisk next to their names now.

Reactions: DoubleK81

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It may have been a bad call, but 4 goals on a single penalty is all on Vegas. A team with a 3 goal lead should be able to overcome one bad call.
That’s true but it’s not really the equivalent of one call since it was a 5-min major. If it was 2-minute penalty then sure, not a big deal. But they basically gave them the equivalent of 3 penalties. That’s important to note and is significant.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
people keep saying vegas PK has to be better. fact is, Vegas PK should have never been put into a position like that. imagine if that was your team being screwed over because the refs "think" he got cross checked in the face.

a major call so when they keep scoring, you still stay on the PP, all because the refs saw blood and the crowd played them so they pandered to the crowd. SICKENING OFFICIATING.

JOKE call and this is a massive black eye for hockey. everyone is laughing at the leagues officiating even more than usual and if Ref Jose manages to Ref their way into a cup, you can put a big fat asterisk next to their names now.
I'll take my PK being able to defend a 3 goal lead during a major penalty over being the team down 3 every single time. Vegas can only blame themselves. They had a 3-1 series lead, and dominated play most of Game 6, but didn't win. They dominated play most of Game 7, but couldn't find a way to overcome a bad call. San Jose was without Pavelski the entire penalty and OT, right? It wasn't even a full strength PP they were facing.

San Jose if probably going to evaporate in the next round if Colorado plays like they did vs Calgary. That team looks spent. I'm not saying it was the right call vs Vegas...but that stuff happens. Vegas should have never allowed the series to come down to that, and they should have been able to weather a 5 minute major. Geez, give up 2 goals, even. Its still a disaster and you still win the game.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
COL/STL would be the most unlikely western conference finals since ANA/MIN in 2003 if it happens.

Reactions: Sushiko
Dec 15, 2002
You know what I ponder sometimes, imagine if we had just drafted Couture instead of trading down
I don't. It's been 10 years, let it go already. We don't sit here and wonder what if Fuhr hadn't gotten hurt, Gretzky had actually back checked, Pronger hadn't gotten hurt, Q had actually had our guys check Colorado players instead of giving them the kid-glove treatment, we hadn't gotten the flu in the Vancouver series, Laurie hadn't torched the team, and on and on and on on and ...

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Lol Teravainen and Hamilton are both so incredibly weak. They play so scared.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I don't. It's been 10 years, let it go already. We don't sit here and wonder what if Fuhr hadn't gotten hurt, Gretzky had actually back checked, Pronger hadn't gotten hurt, Q had actually had our guys check Colorado players instead of giving them the kid-glove treatment, we hadn't gotten the flu in the Vancouver series, Laurie hadn't torched the team, and on and on and on on and ...

The f*** we don't.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Not a redeeming playoffs for Hamilton at all.

Carolina still needs to move a d-man for a top 6 forward. Maybe he'd be the guy.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
atleast the caps were not gifted this game going into OT like another ref fest team was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad