OT: Around the NHL: Countdown to the Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

905PENS

Oskee wee wee
Apr 9, 2013
Hamilton Ontario
Funny that Caps fans on Twitter are complaining that it appears Anaheim players are targeting some specific players on the Caps. I mean isn't that exactly how the Caps play every game against every team?

Its just hockey plays when it's them....I recall the playoffs vs us last year. Just a hockey play

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Funny that Caps fans on Twitter are complaining that it appears Anaheim players are targeting some specific players on the Caps. I mean isn't that exactly how the Caps play every game against every team?

Just show them the hit on Sid from Nisky. Game over in that argument.

High Flying Birds

Aug 29, 2009
Victoria, B.C
I remember when Sid used to do that...:(

Achieving everything important as a hockey player (several times over in some regards) probably takes some of the enthusiasm away.

Regardless good to see a healthy Hall spread his wings away from the shitshow that is Edmonton. I initially thought that was a good trade for the Oilers but Hall is solidifying himself as one of the best forwards in the game this season.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Just show them the hit on Sid from Nisky. Game over in that argument.

Their argument for that remains "it wasn't intentional".

Apparently when other teams target their players, it's intentional and worthy of crying about. But when their players do it, it's "unintentional".

That fanbase is worse than pretty much any of our other division rivals on here.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Speaking on the Caps...

Read an article (on a Caps blog) that Trotz should be fired, like right now. The argument is that the Caps' underling numbers have plummeted at even strength. Some of that probably has to do with the system, but the rest of the roster (after their top players) isn't that great.

Also, the article touches on the possibility of Reirden being the next head coach.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Grubauer is outplaying Holtby by pretty significant margin this season. Holtby is really a mess. Wondering if there can be some goalie controversy in Washington coming into playoffs. I mean, Holtby also seems to do very bad vs us. Caps maybe have something to think about.

I've always thought Grubauer was the better option vs the Pens. Also thought he would sign somewhere else to have a shot at being a starter.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Speaking on the Caps...

Read an article (on a Caps blog) that Trotz should be fired, like right now. The argument is that the Caps' underling numbers have plummeted at even strength. Some of that probably has to do with the system, but the rest of the roster (after their top players) isn't that great.

Also, the article touches on the possibility of Reirden being the next head coach.
Lol if that happens...

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I've always thought Grubauer was the better option vs the Pens. Also thought he would sign somewhere else to have a shot at being a starter.

They're in his head. It's astonishing to see a Vezina-caliber goalie, like Holtby, struggles against a certain team. And it's not just the Pens having his number. He falls apart whenever he plays them.

Lol if that happens...

- 7.4% of players think he's head coaching material
- he's well-regarded by his colleagues
- the Flames interviewed him at one point
- and apparently the Caps are keeping a close eye on him

Not saying he would be a good coach, but it seems inevitable that he becomes a head coach somewhere.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
tune in tomorrow, just noticed Philly plays at Boston. I hope they get destroyed

and Craps at LA!

Reactions: SirBrad

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Speaking on the Caps...

Trotz's Caps look a lot like Trotz's Predators. A solid regular season team, but when the playoffs start and a team has time to game plan against them, the holes are massive.

Reactions: BHD

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
tune in tomorrow, just noticed Philly plays at Boston. I hope they get destroyed

and Craps at LA!

This division has been so tight (inasmuch as nobody has been able to break away) that Philly could rack up 2 separate 10-game losing streaks and still make it...

The Metro, folks.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lol... Holtby benched....
That could be really detrimental to our chances to beat the Caps in the POs...

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Yikes. I didn't realize his numbers were that bad. The Caps are such a streaky team this season.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
OT in the sense that it's not the NHL, but man oh man is the KHL turning into a shit show these days. The SKA-Severstal playoffs is a fantastic example of what it looks like when the refs ACTUALLY are on the take instead of people whining about it. :laugh:

Last edited:

Rusty Razor

Jun 25, 2017
OT in the sense that it's not the NHL, but man oh man is the KHL turning into a **** show these days. The SKA-Severstal playoffs is a fantastic example of what it looks like when the refs ACTUALLY are on the take instead of people whining about it. :laugh:

This site would burn if that OT goal was allowed to stand against a Canadian team in the playoffs.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
This site would burn if that OT goal was allowed to stand against a Canadian team in the playoffs.

It's also hilarious how the second anyone mentions Russian corruption with how the KHL is run (e.g. SKA being allowed to run essentially an all-star team over cap), their thread gets locked on the KHL board. It's like saying "Beetlejuice." Gotta lock it down before Putin/Oligarch of the Week kills again! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad