OT: Around the NHL - Cat Scratch Fever

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Murray is a joke

Had the world in his hand

You can't tell me he's top 60 goalie IN THE WORLD anymore
He's still young enough to make it work but to stay with the Leafs is weird. If I were him I'd be begging teams that have incredible goalie coaches to work with them at the ahl level and go do that for a year.

Boston or Islanders imo would be where I'd go if I were him. Essensa would be the one, even Buffalo would be a better bet and he knows Bales.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
It's funny how some players don't see that opportunity. Like if you're a scoring winger like Sprong, you tell your agent you want to play for Brunette and you'll take a PTO or even a 1yr deal to do it. You have these coaches that can help you take your game to the next level and gain that confidence and learn vs chasing money and opportunity knowing your game isn't where its at and going to a team that won't help you for shit.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It's funny how some players don't see that opportunity. Like if you're a scoring winger like Sprong, you tell your agent you want to play for Brunette and you'll take a PTO or even a 1yr deal to do it. You have these coaches that can help you take your game to the next level and gain that confidence and learn vs chasing money and opportunity knowing your game isn't where its at and going to a team that won't help you for shit.

Feels like Sprong is pre-destined to end up on the Knights. Fits what they need so badly.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
Uhhhh, no. If I have a banana, and you have 4 apples but really just want a banana, I could ask for all of your apples, simply because I really like bananas too, and you want it. Just because 4 apples might be worth more than 1 banana doesn't mean I'm willing to part with the banana for 2, or 3, or anything less than 4. It takes two people with two motivations to make a deal. If a team said hey we want Rust because he's a vet NHL wing with playoff pedigree, and we're willing to give our top prospect for him - just because you agree doesn't mean you would have traded him for a couple of picks if they offered that.
Then that means that the McLeod/Savoie swap was a fair value trade and not an overpay.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Dallas to out of market fans:

you-dont-exist-anymore-jonathan-pryce.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad