OT: Around the NHL - Cat Scratch Fever

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Do you expect a PR/marketing intern to understand grammar?
The phrasing of it is stupid. Also they need to stop making this into a big deal and just talk her up for the great work she's done so far and her talent because the NHL has been hiring a lot of women in upper management roles as well and it's great to see teams exploring every avenue to find talent in all levels of management and coaching.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
The phrasing of it is stupid. Also they need to stop making this into a big deal and just talk her up for the great work she's done so far and her talent because the NHL has been hiring a lot of women in upper management roles as well and it's great to see teams exploring every avenue to find talent in all levels of management and coaching.

Yea it reminded me of the Tony Dungy v Lovie Smith in the SB thing years back. You'd think their accomplishments would overshadow their skin color, gender, etc. But the MSM loves pumping these stories since it makes the casual soccer mom all warm and fuzzy inside.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yeah, I think the more they emphasize "first female" and less they emphasize the job she did in the AHL and why she got the job, it makes it seem like a diversity hire rather than a merit hire.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Buffalo trading arguably their top prospect certainly for Ryan McLeod certainly is a choice.

They were rumored to be interested in Eller. If they were offering anything remotely close to that value, Dubas needs tarred and feathered. Eller has no trade protection per capfriendly.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Buffalo trading arguably their top prospect certainly for Ryan McLeod certainly is a choice.

They were rumored to be interested in Eller. If they were offering anything remotely close to that value, Dubas needs tarred and feathered. Eller has no trade protection per capfriendly.

Are there any rumours of problems with Savoie? Seems a huge head scratcher from their perspective.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018

You'll be happy to know Lars Eller doesn't have even half the value of Ryan McLeod.

Are there any rumours of problems with Savoie? Seems a huge head scratcher from their perspective.
I think there have always been questions about how his game at 5'9 is going to translate to the NHL, but not enough questions to make people think he'll be an outright bust.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish

They’re the Buffalo Sabres. It’s kind of what they do.

You'll be happy to know Lars Eller doesn't have even half the value of Ryan McLeod.

No ****. Ryan McLeod also isn’t worth a prospect of Savoie’s pedigree either. They’re a stupid team doing stupid things. Need to pounce on those opportunities. If we could have got a 2nd for Eller it would have been a heist.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
They’re the Buffalo Sabres. It’s kind of what they do.

No ****. Ryan McLeod also isn’t worth a prospect of Savoie’s pedigree either. They’re a stupid team doing stupid things. Need to pounce on those opportunities. If we could have got a 2nd for Eller it would have been a heist.
They probably could not have gotten a 2nd for Eller.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
I wonder why Adams didn't call Dubas up and offer Savoie for picks. We know Dubas has no problem with small forwards. We would've had him scouted, since played with Yager in Moose Jaw. Either Adams didn't call Dubas up, or Dubas has a problem with Savoie for reasons unrelated to his size.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I wonder why Adams didn't call Dubas up and offer Savoie for picks. We know Dubas has no problem with small forwards. We would've had him scouted, since played with Yager in Moose Jaw. Either Adams didn't call Dubas up, or Dubas has a problem with Savoie for reasons unrelated to his size.
Why would they trade him for picks? They wanted the 24 year old center

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
If we accept the idea that Savoie was an overpay for McLeod, by definition that means they could've given up less for McLeod than they did.
Uhhhh, no. If I have a banana, and you have 4 apples but really just want a banana, I could ask for all of your apples, simply because I really like bananas too, and you want it. Just because 4 apples might be worth more than 1 banana doesn't mean I'm willing to part with the banana for 2, or 3, or anything less than 4. It takes two people with two motivations to make a deal. If a team said hey we want Rust because he's a vet NHL wing with playoff pedigree, and we're willing to give our top prospect for him - just because you agree doesn't mean you would have traded him for a couple of picks if they offered that.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, I think the more they emphasize "first female" and less they emphasize the job she did in the AHL and why she got the job, it makes it seem like a diversity hire rather than a merit hire.
Yeah. She's a great coaching prospect that has been a breath of fresh air for usual hires and she's someone that has been sought out by players to help them with their game. Emphasize that vs "first full time female!" - it's like the NHL is saying "look we treat sexual assault towards men and women like pure shit but see we also hire women!"

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Yea it reminded me of the Tony Dungy v Lovie Smith in the SB thing years back. You'd think their accomplishments would overshadow their skin color, gender, etc. But the MSM loves pumping these stories since it makes the casual soccer mom all warm and fuzzy inside.
The amount of times when I played rugby I'd hear "for a black guy from the UK you're good." Like just tell me I was good without telling me where the f*** I'm from or the color of my skin. I am fully aware of being black in the sport, trust me. Just like the women know how hard they had to work to get the same job, they don't need the patronizing or the shitty marketing ploy.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad