Around the NHL 2024/25

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Official NHL Shop.
It also depends what you are looking for in a jersey. The only current Jets player that is likely to get a sniff of the HOF is Helly, with 2 Vezina and a Jennings. One year of team success, with his personal success likely cements it. My next jersey is going to be his for this reason. I usually get 1 a year, but I just stick to the Jets.

Reactions: roccerfeller

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Arniel became the first head coach in NHL history to record an eight-game winning streak to start his tenure. It’s quite the accomplishment as there have been 397 head coaches since the NHL was established more than 100 years ago.
When talking win streaks you really need to divide it into pre and post OT/Shootouts. Modern win streaks ain't what they used to be. But having said that it's quite the run and it's nice to see him having success.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
When talking win streaks you really need to divide it into pre and post OT/Shootouts. Modern win streaks ain't what they used to be. But having said that it's quite the run and it's nice to see him having success.
Every era has its own uniqueness. No team will also ever have a season like the 1976-77 Habs where they only had 8 regular season loses and end the season 20 points up on the 2nd best team. So records get set in the context of the league rules of the time, so there is no need to apologize for it. Adding to that we are in an era where the unusual is more and more unlikely due to the salary cap. The 1976-77 Habs had 9 players that are in the Hall of Fame, most of them in their prime at the time. Can you imagine the cap hit a team like that would require today.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Anton Lundell thriving under Maurice.

I think he is also getting the Scheifele lift after Little went down. Barkov out and all of a sudden it opens things up in the top 6 for him. He is also shooting 19% which is more than double his previous two season when he was shooting in the 7% range which is borderline James Wright bad. Good player that is getting a chance to thrive in a better role.

Last edited:

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Every era has its own uniqueness. No team will also ever have a season like the 1976-77 Habs where they only had 8 regular season loses and end the season 20 points up on the 2nd best team. So records get set in the context of the league rules of the time, so there is no need to apologize for it. Adding to that we are in an era where the unusual is more and more unlikely due to the salary cap. The 1976-77 Habs had 9 players that are in the Hall of Fame, most of them in their prime at the time. Can you imagine the cap hit a team like that would require today.
True but win streaks and points are totally screwed up by ot/shootout. We only won 1 in a row to start the season if we had the same rules as those habs had. So for what 60 years you had 60 minutes to win or it's a tie. It's part of why I hate the modern gimmick and points system.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
True but win streaks and points are totally screwed up by ot/shootout. We only won 1 in a row to start the season if we had the same rules as those habs had. So for what 60 years you had 60 minutes to win or it's a tie. It's part of why I hate the modern gimmick and points system.
The flip is it was easier in the past to have an undefeated streak since you never had to go to OT to decide a game. Or winless streaks like the Jets experienced back in the early 80s. Every era has records that are best suited to that era due to the rules at the time. Eventually the league might go to 3 points for a win system which will quickly rewrite all the records around points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad